Our client is in need of a Vendor Manager 3 for an initial 12-month contract in Burnaby, BC.
The Vendor Manager is accountable for a portfolio of assigned vendors with a primary expectation to: deliver on vendor negotiations driving value for money; execute sourcing strategies; spend category intelligence and analytics; contract negotiation, drafting and administration; and perform ongoing vendor performance monitoring and evaluation.
• Solid understanding of negotiation theory, strategies and practices
• Rooted knowledge and experience relating to IT Software and hardware
• Good understanding of Strategic sourcing concepts and best practices, related to the procurement of IT products and services.
• Knowledge of financial principles and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements an asset
• Strong Strategic Vendor Management subject-matter expertise in at least one of the following areas:
o Software licensing agreements
o Hosted Services or SaaS agreements
o Hardware agreements
Required Skills & Abilities:
• High degree of business ethics and accountability
• Strong business and financial acumen - including proven experience in structuring deals, drafting legal agreements, risk mitigation and skilled negotiations
• Ability to maintain perspective and confidence in face of difficult contract negotiations, tight deadlines and client expectations
• Ability to engage effectively with different levels of management and Vendor organizations to lead the management of the clients' relationships with key strategic level vendors
• Excellent problem solving, and planning skills
• Spirited team player with the ability to work as a positive role model and catalyst for change
• Ability to foster and motivate cross functional team engagement when leading and negotiating transactions
• Competency with Microsoft office suite of tools, e-contract management and e-Sourcing tools an asset.
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• Bachelor degree in Business/Commerce, MBA, LLB, Engineering, or Supply Chain management preferred (equivalencies in experience considered)
• Professional designation in Supply Chain Management or equivalent preferred (PMAC SCMP / CPP, ISM) or equivalent) - Willingness to complete these designations as a part of your career development
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a related role (e.g. vendor manager, vendor relationship manager, strategic sourcing and supply chain professional, supply chain management professional)
• Experience structuring, writing, and editing legal contracts with large complex organizations
• Experience in management of long-term vendor relationships including providing feedback on performance metrics and deliverables over time is required
• Commodity management, logistics and supply chain management including procurement and extensive experience in competitive bidding processes including leading RFX processes end to end in highly organized, collaborative and successful fashion.
• 5 to 7 years proven experience structuring deals and leading product or service contract negotiations
• Experience in the Telecommunications industry or engineering capacity an asset
Must have Skills:
1. A bachelor degree.
2. 5+ years of experience in negotiating price and agreements with suppliers/customers.
3. Comprehensive understanding of strategic sourcing concepts, best practices, agreements and negotiations related to the procurement of hardware, software and SaaS.
Nice to have Skills:
1. Business degree, MBA, and/or Law degree
2. Experience in working for Telecommunications, industry leading hardware, software, SaaS, cloud companies.