Our client is in need of a UX Designer 2 for an initial 10-month contract in Vancouver, BC.
As an advocate for customer-centric design, you’ll need the relationship building skills to design clear and consistent user experiences across digital properties. You will be responsible for applying skills in user experience towards creating compelling solutions for video products and services to deliver the best content-led, aggregated entertainment solution in a market that is increasingly dynamic across OTT and paid TV operators.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
● Applying user-centered design processes, human factors, usability heuristics, and industry best practices to develop world class media entertainment experiences for all screen sizes (mobile, tablet, desktop and TV)
● Collaborating with others to define problems, generate solutions, and formulate recommendations that will be socialized with stakeholders at all levels
● Independently develop and deliver high level and detailed customer journey maps, user interface sketches, wireframes, and IA, prototypes, and detailed design specifications to effectively communicate design concepts and solutions
● Facilitate discussions around your work and its iterations
● Leverage your skills in usability testing, user research, and interpretation of analytics to meet outcomes through design
What you Bring:
● Design related diploma or degree related to design, marketing, computer science, HCI or equivalent experience.
● Have 3+ years of experience as a key member of a design team participating in the complete software development lifecycle
● Good knowledge of usability, heuristics, interaction principles within mobile, tablet, web and TV
● Familiarity with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices and can incorporate inclusive design for products that can be used by all customers types
● Hyper-focused on delivering great customer experiences aligned to our outcomes
● Passionate about current and upcoming design practices and methodologies like design systems , IA, interaction design, wireframing, and prototyping
● Adept at working in a highly-collaborative lean, agile environment
● Well-versed in the interplay between business, technical and customer needs within the context of designing for the video products and services
● Highly detail oriented, organized, and have exceptional analytical skills
● Able to communicate design rationale and build consensus
● Comfortable with industry standard design tool sets such as, Adobe Creative Cloud, Invision, Figma, Google Suite, and pen and paper .
● Experience in any or all of the following: inclusive design, service design, information architecture, product design
● Knowledge in any or all of the following: Android TV, Apple TV, Android mobile, iOS mobile, web browser, gamification, and IoT
● Excellent design sense and interpersonal skills with the ability to openly contribute and discuss ideas and articulate design logic and reasoning across disciplines
● Demonstrated ability to build relationships and motivate people
● Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to champion the user centered design process and communicate its use and value to stakeholders at all levels
● Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
Must Have Skills:
● Online Portfolio is a Must