We are looking for a passionate and talented Director to help drive the development of our HealthWATCH applications including architecture and cloud evolution. You will play a strategic role in the modernization and evolution of HealthWATCH that will make a significant and lasting impact on Canadians. You will develop an understanding of our products by working closely with our business stakeholders and development teams to devise and fulfill a trans-formative road-map leveraging modern architectural and development approaches to meet requirements and position us for substantial growth in scalability and performance.
What You’ll Do:
What you Bring:
- Assist in application design and engineering to drive stability, performance, and quality through your knowledge of industry trends and tools, together with your own experience.
- Identify architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company aligning to our move to cloud.
- Lead a team - provide guidance - able to coach, mentor and grow technology and development team
- Cultivate an understanding of our products, along with their respective strengths and weaknesses, and provide solutions to existing and future challenges.
- Drive advances in system performance and monitoring and be a touchpoint for management of Critical Issues.
- Experience managing a large development team consisting of many agile teams including coaching. This includes recruitment and training of employees
- Direct experience in evolving agile methodologies with focus on DevOps and CI/CD practices
- Work closely with leads in architecture, network, and security groups to establish integration, appropriate testing and ensure compliance with governance
- Strong background in modern software engineering and architecture and experience implementing micro-service design and development, with an eye to refactoring legacy code
- Experience with Cloud Native Design Patterns. Cloud experience (preferably including some of GCP, Azure, PCF, OpenShift, Anthos, GKE). Strong understanding of Cloud API’s and scalability
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or Kubernetes-based platforms.
- Experience with PaaS solutions such as Anthos, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, or similar