Our client is need of a Applications Developer – Java/J2EE for an initial 12-month contract in Burnaby, BC.
Performs Coding, package configuration compliant with the required development standards, prepares component and assembly test plans, including conditions, data and expected results, and performs component and assembly testing Creates system documentation for computer programs and subsystems in development or maintenance environment. Able to lead subsystem designs and participate in system design projects Expected to provide effective knowledge transfer on all work performed to select employees. Analyzes, resolves, or assists others in resolving test or production problems. Supports business studies, costing and feasibility studies, and proposal preparation efforts.
Must have Skills:
1. Knowledge and ability to code in YAML.
2. Familiarity with JSON, XML, SSH, GITLAB (GITHUB),
4. Experience with Python coding
5. Disciplined coding technique (understanding the value of function calls and comments)
6. Strong communication skills and strong listening skills.
Nice to have Skills:
1. Understanding of TELUS Culture and methods
2. Understanding of automation
3. Frontend Web Design
4. DataBase understanding
5. Understanding of network protocols, things like SSH, TCP/UDP ports, active directory, LDAP.