ROLE: Delivery Specialist (Not a Project Coordinator)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Work with in house Engineering groups to interpret, schedule and execute on Engineering Work Orders
• Work with hired Contractors to schedule work based on Rogers Work Orders to completion
• Develop and execute project plans, including risk, scope, communication and schedules.
• Plan, monitor, and control projects from concept to closing using appropriately scaled methodology.
• Monitor project against plans and take effective corrective action as required.
• Manage initiatives at a high-level as well as having attention to detail.
• Identify requirements for, negotiate and lead cross-functional resources.
• Work closely with and maintain strong work relationships with stakeholders and sponsors from all functional areas of business.
• Manage changing priorities to complete project delivery within defined constraints.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of Project Management methodology, process and documentation.
• Effectively manage risk by minimizing threats and maximizing opportunities within the project.
• Identify, handle and resolve conflict effectively.
• Demonstrate interest in and accountability for personal and professional development.
• Ensure all activities are performed to minimize Rogers Customer Impact
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
• 5+ years experience as a Delivery Specialist working within infrastructure projects, network and telecom infrastructure deployments within a professional services organization.
• 5+ years experience within Wireless Networks with hands on technology exposure.
• Experience managing Telecom Build projects of varying size and complexity, which could include upgrades or migrations/augmentations across various environments, managed services and/or technology or tools deployment.
• Exposure to executing projects across a physically distributed environment along with strong vendor/contractor management experience.
• Strong negotiation skills to negotiate resources, changes, issues, budgets and timelines.
• Past exposure to Telecom Civil Infrastructure Build Project with an emphasis on North American Markets
• Familiar with Infrastructure Technologies, dealing with multiple vendors.
• Proactive approach to working on skeleton plan for upcoming projects.
• Additional required skills, Material management, report creation for PM
• Knowledge of Oracle, Remedy, and Salesforce
• A university degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, or equivalent.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
• Civil Engineering Degree would be an asset
• PMP Certification would be an asset
• Ability to optimize available resources to deliver business objectives and maximize business efficiency.
• Ability to adapt to the requirements of the assignment and make appropriate changes in style as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to match content, style and language to suit the audience and context, maximizing understanding.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, motivational, organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to direct, influence and inspire others to optimize performance and achieve goals.
• Ability to influence team members without direct authority.
• A strong ability to multitask in fast pace environment