Our client is in need of a Desktop Support 3 consultant for an initial 12-month contract in Edmonton, Alberta.
This position will provide technical support of personal computing systems (PC/Laptop/Tablets/Cellular Phones, IP Phones. Support to be provided will be within a network environment and include the delivery, installation, and setup of systems. Candidates will also be skilled at troubleshooting hardware and software issues, as well as Printer support.
• Troubleshoot issues relating to HP hardware, imaging, deploying, installing.
• Install PC hardware (RAM/HD installs, PC Decommissions)and software for users
• Participate in computer IMAC’s.
• Analyze and diagnose problems reported by end-users, both on-site/in-person and remotely.
• Resolve complex end-user issues in consultation with fellow team members
• Track and update all trouble calls through Remedy
• Maintain knowledge of current information system techniques by self-study and participating in available training programs
• Recommend improvements and/or appropriate changes to processes and procedures
• Be asked to participate in other IT related projects ie; Evergreens, computer moves/IMACs.
• Monitor the Remedy Queue & help maintain the SLA guidelines set
• Develop & Maintain Desktop Process documentation
• Offer suggestions to improving team development and practices
• Understanding of hardware/software licensing.
• Ability to foster collaboration in a highly collaborative environment.
• Shipping and receiving of hardware.
• iPhone support – deploying, troubleshooting. Xenmobile Mobile Device Management.
• Support hardware systems in a Cisco ISE environment.
• Support VPN laptop/tablet devices (Netmotion) in a Windows 7/Windows 10 MS Office 2010/2016.
• Support software, devices, and users utilizing SCCM and Active Directory.
• Support of Entrust tokens (for remote access) utilizing Entrust Admin management site; hard and software tokens.
• People skills are a must
• Communication and time management are essential
• Experience functioning effectively in an operational team environment
• Strong multitasking ability
• Minimum of six (6) years of experience installing and maintaining personal computers and related hardware, software, printers, and networks
• Experience with imaging computers, building and deploying images
• Technical diploma or undergraduate degree preferred, or equivalent experience
• A+ certification a plus
• HP or Panasonic certification a plus
• Driver’s license
• Requires an excellent working knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 2010/2016, Java, IE, Oracle client.
• Experience or knowledge of Citrix Clients.
Must to have skills:
1. Strong Customer Service
2 Strong technical/troubleshooting experience in a Windows 10 and Office 2016 environment
3. Experience with SCCM Windows Imaging.
Nice to have skills:
1. iPhone experience in an MDM environment
2. Experience with Netmotion (VPN)
3. Can work independently