In this role, you will have the opportunity to combine your technical ability and strategic thinking to provide detail-oriented execution in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You will provide critical support, and act as a technical subject matter expert for network ops and delivery. You will regularly review technical standards and make recommendations to ensure they continue to meet business and retail industry requirements.
What You’ll Do:
What you Bring:
- Perform support activities required to maintain the department’s operational objectives. In addition to carry a pager to respond to alerts. This includes activities such as identify opportunities to clean-up legacy cabling/hardware/configurations to release capacity or enhance monitoring/performance.
- Focus on resolving issues in a timely manner and demonstrate an actionable sense of urgency. Passionate and willing to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
- Perform a technical consultant and co-ordination role for externally driven projects, and actively be involved in the research, design, planning, development and/or evaluation of new network technologies to support customer and business objectives.
- Manage unique or multiple projects requiring strong analytical skills. Thoroughly analyze technical problems and implement solutions by developing detailed work plans, scheduling resources, gaining approvals, and monitoring progress to meet required standards of the network department and business unit goals.
- Develop, recommend, and gain support for Technical Standards to meet the retail industry and business requirements of the business units, including producing and maintaining the technical standards documentation and ensuring the project implementation process complies with them.
- Hands on experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Networking Technology or a related technical field.
- Comfort with standard Networking technologies. (dynamic routing, firewalls, load balancing, IP sub-netting, IP transport)
- Proven experience with network protocols, and their applications and characteristic behaviors, with the ability to analyze and resolve production issues in a timely fashion, including the analysis of trace data and network flows
- Demonstrated success through superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve work issues.
- Blend of both Unix admin and networking mindset. (DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, etc.)