About the Position
What’s the role? (aka What you’ll do)
My client is looking for a Senior Cloud Advisory Consultant
with deep interest in driving customer value and addressing the full range of technical and non-technical elements of our customers’ cloud transformation journeys. The Cloud Advisory Consultant engages with customers to help them establish their overall cloud vision, business drivers, future mode of operations, and their roadmap to get there. This role then helps our customers execute upon that vision and roadmap. Our Cloud Advisory
Consultants have the vision to map out a customer’s entire cloud journey, and also dive deep with the customer on the “Business Capabilities” that are required as part of their journey – business, governance, process and people.
Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate and put forward the salient issues to all levels of management is important. We are seeking a team player with excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and highly developed problem solving abilities.
Who are we?
My client mission is simple: provide our enterprise customers with an industry leading multi-cloud orchestrated marketplace that fuels their digital journey.
Your Intangibles (aka What Sets You Apart)
- Engaging with C-level executives to define Enterprise cloud strategies
- Identifying motivators/drivers for cloud adoption and unlocking business value for our customers
- Cost/Benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases for migration
- Analyzing and aligning professional learning and certification paths for supporting IT teams
- Developing and promoting governance models supporting the consistent engagement of cloud technologies aligned to institutional strategies and policies
- Generating cloud migration roadmaps and driving buy-in across complex organization structures
- Collaborating with consulting and managed services partners to build and execute plans
- Getting feedback from common Enterprise requirements into cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) service development teams
- Advise on the "People" change management activities in customer organizations necessary to support the cloud journey; Skills, Capabilities, and organizational designs
Key Knowledge And Experience (aka What You’ve Done)
- Having held a Senior advisory position combining business and IT skills to provide best-fit solutions supporting customer strategic goals
- Managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders
- Delivering IT Strategy and Consulting services
- Experience applying Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets
- Working experience with Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3 processes)
- Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures
- A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects
- Experience with change management consulting as applied to a customer transformation engagement (cloud preferably)
- Foundation practitioner certification in one or more of AWS, Azure or GCP
- A Bachelor's degree
- Worked on data center migrations or cloud migrations with public cloud providers
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the areas of IT operations, cloud computing, IT strategy, business architecture, or enterprise architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Strong Program Management capabilities
- Bilingualism (English/French) preferred, but not mandatory