ROLE: Senior Video SME (Subject Mater Expert)
• Participate in the development of the architectural design of Video platform evolution, new features, enhancements and network flows.
• Research (PoC) proof of concepts and recommend vendors selection for various Video Platforms such as content ingestion, VOD, encoding, transcoding, packaging and distribution (CDN).
• Prepare, socialize, and evaluate technical proposals
• Provide comparison of costs and/or impact of recommendations versus other options.
• Capacity management of various Video Platforms such as CDN, cDVR, VOD and others which involves identifying Video site capacity requirements and capacity utilization. Analyze and define capacity reports, benchmark thresholds, define KPI's.
• Plan and budget for expansion / rollout projects to support network evolution and to meet growing subscriber demand.
• Develop and analyze alternatives in order to recommend the most economical solution to meet departmental and organizational objectives regarding network expansion, subscriber growth and usage patterns.
• Contribute and develop the 3 year Video roadmap/plan, document Platform evolution, growth area's and Capital investment required.
• Provide financial recommendations, define capital spending requirements and outline Operational benefits.
• University degree in a technical area (e.g. Engineering/Computer Science)
• Previous experience with a major telecommunications provider/cable operator and/or direct involvement in building large telecommunications networks
• Minimum 7 or more years direct experience in one of the following areas:
• Digital TV/IPTV network architecture and operation
• IP networking design and implementation experience in large-scale ISP environment
• Wireless network technologies such as HSPA/LTE/VoLTE
• Significant experience in large-scale Video platform deployment
• Hands on experience with Virtualization Technology (VMWare/KVM/Openstack)
• Knowledge of Facilities & Physical aspects, HFC networks, Transport, IP networks, protocols and networking principles.
• Strong documentation skills (understand how to build documentation and work with different types of applications such as PPT, EXCEL and use those efficiently (take technical piece from peers and build the documentation)
• High proficient with Excel pivots tables and automation
• Highly proficient with PowerPoint and story telling.
• Strong communication and presentation experience. Good verbal communication and writing skills are essential
• Strong negotiation skills to negotiate changes, issues, budgets and timelines
• Knowledge of statistics, probabilities, traffic modeling and financial analysis, management of large data and consolidation