The Data Architect would help provide direction on decomposing a monolith data model to a more modern microservices architecture data model. This role would be responsible for designing the new schema working alongside multiple teams within a specialized highly visible project. You will be working with Solution Architects, Team Leads and developers understanding the requirements of the Pharmacy domain and owning the Data Architecture of the project. Ultimately, you will develop database solutions to ensure company information is stored effectively and securely.
What You’ll Do:
What you Bring:
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications
- Provide support on the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Work collaboratively with teams to enable a well-designed end to end application.
Good to have
- Minimum 10 years of proven experience as a Data Architect, Data Engineer or similar role
- Working knowledge with Cloud Native Design Patterns. Cloud experience (preferably GCP or Azure) along with knowledgeable understanding of Cloud database offerings
- Data Architecture patterns, standards, principles, best practices (i.e. Party model, Product model, Transaction model
- Experience working with tools like Lucidchart, Sparx and Visio
- Experience with Data Management Patterns for Microservices like CQRS, event sourcing and Kafka streams
- Relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis) database experience
What Loblaw Offers You
- Knowledge on LOB standards: Clinical, Pharmaceutical (i.e. HL7, FHIR, DICOM, ICD 10)
We offer flexibility and balance, and an environment that sets you up for success no matter where your workspace is located.
Here, you will find a great team to help you achieve your goals as you help us achieve ours! Work in our fast-paced, exciting Technology environment, helping our stores, colleagues and customers every day.