We will partner with the most advanced technology players to redesign the TV architecture, and we shall leverage the cloud to access unlimited power. We plan to reach users across all devices, and to create a unique, personal entertainment experience, starting from the TV. We are already collaborating with the leaders in this area, and many others plan to join. We shall create a dynamic, open work environment, where creativity is superpowered by technology, in a continuous quest for innovation
The Headend Engineer is responsible for the overall design, operation, maintenance, and support of all KPU telecommunications facilities, specifically focused upon Video Acquisition and Distribution, Facility Power, Structured Wiring, and all other physical aspects of the Central Office or Remote CO facilities.
The Headend Engineer works with Management to set strategic direction, then executes on developed plans by working collaboratively with other KPU departments, or by working with external vendors and contract resources.
• Strong Headend, RF, and MPEG engineering knowledge and computer-related skills necessary.
• Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills are essential.
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently to complete tasks as well as in a team environment. Ability to perform multiple tasks, prioritize work/tasks, and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
• Ability to resolve network problems or infrastructure issues as well as manage performance and capacity issues.
• Ability to plan, install, and manage all aspects of a network to ensure the highest performance levels on a 24/7 network infrastructure.
• Working knowledge of the principles in coax, fiber, and IP.
• Knowledge of routing protocols and LAN/WAN principles.
7+ Years’ Experience with Java/J2EE Application Development
7+ Years’ Experience with Spring
5+ Years’ Experience with REST Web Services
Preferred Skills / Experience- Core Java and J2EE
Technologies – EJBs, MQ
SQL - Oracle, MySQL, Postgres Agile Environment Experience
TV Application development is preferred