Client is looking for a strong product manager to support ongoing and new product development work with their clients. Client is a technology solutions company that partners with its customers to co-invent the future and launch products, experiences, and technology platforms to accelerate digital transformation. They believe in the future where they help their customers in developing products and platforms which not only add significant value to their current business but also fuel future business growth. The role does overlap with the responsibilities of a Product Owner e.g. managing product backlogs, release planning, backlog management, and team management yet it is much more strategic and broad-ranging than that.
Who You Are:
- If you don't like yourself to be boxed in a typical Job Description and want the flexibility and freedom to solve problems at a larger scale - we need you!
- You have a sense of curiosity, passion for continuous learning, and an open-mind to see problems as opportunities for learning - we are looking for you!
- You thrive on solving complex problems and don't shy away from devouring tons of articles, research papers, and corporate reports to connect the dots on strategy - you'll feel at home here.
- Routine bores you. You'd much rather be learning new fields, dabbling in new technologies, and exploring new industries - you're our best friend.
- You don't get intimidated by technology jargon (serverless architecture, ambient experiences, edge computing, etc.) and get to the bottom of stuff quickly: just enough research to be an effective communicator - we will make sure to keep you excited!
- If you are an entre/intrapreneur with an itch to grow a business with lean experiments - we love you :)
You must have:
- Work closely with the design and development team to build innovative, customercentric products or solutions in partnership with our business teams
- Design & drive overall product roadmap in alignment with business priorities of our customers. Own the roadmap and shipping timelines managing stakeholder expectations and technical requirements.
- Understand the technology stack and prioritize features to achieve product goals
- Capture business goals and requirements in vision documents, roadmaps, and userstories for the development team to help deliver the product roadmap
- Work closely with the solutions and operations teams to help determine technical requirements and delivery schedule
- Work closely with the Design team to support user-research, usability testing, and lead documentation of user requirements.
- Actively facilitate cross-functional collaboration among design teams, technology architects, and developers to resolve blocking issues and get clarifications from stakeholders.
What to expect?
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management across multiple industries.
- Masters or bachelor's degree in business, technology, engineering, or related fields.
- 1+ years of demonstrated expertise in managing stakeholder relationships with senior management, external stakeholders, and cross-functional team leads.
- Delivered at least two products from concept to launch and next iterations working with cross-functional team members consisting of designers, developers and Q&A.
- Experience with native mobile app development, an understanding of mobile-first design principles, and conceptual understanding of native app development and APIs
- The ability to scope and estimate development efforts accurately working with technology architects, prioritize tasks and goals independently, and rapidly produce deliverables for the product.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct user research, usability testing, and provide meaningful feedback to Design teams.
- Experience with Design Thinking, Lean Startup, and Agile methods to design customer-centered products e.g. Jobs-to-be-done, Journey Maps, User-Flows, and others.
- Experience leading discovery sessions, workshops, and co-creation activities with endusers, product stakeholders, designers, and developers.
- A Data-driven mindset with a focus on establishing metrics, measures, and outcomes of investment in the product to clearly articulate the ROI and non-tangible business benefits
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to present complex concepts and showcase product strategy, insights, roadmap, key decisions and validated learning from the market.
- Ability to learn, adapt, and pivot in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Be a self-starter with a bias towards action and an ability to lead customer conversations in collaboration with the sales team.
- Bonus: Experience working with e-commerce products is a plus
- Bonus: Experience working as a product manager in Telecom, Banking, and/or Financial Technologies space.
Besides Competitive Salary and working for one of Canada’s Best Managed and Top 50 Technology Companies, you should expect:
- Purposeful Work: autonomy, resources, and time you need to do what matters for our clients and most importantly - you
- Positive Environment: recognition coupled with a flexible environment that celebrates diversity, inclusivity and encourages everyone to achieve their best
- Growth & Development: opportunities to grow professionally and personally through mentorship, training, and development programs Transparency & Trust: direction, purpose, mission, and expectations are never a secret; you’ll always know where you stand as well as where you’re going
- Exclusive Perks: discounts on shopping, the gym, insurance, mobile phone plans, not to mention an office smoothie bar and enough coffee to make you vibrate
- Meaningful Benefits: life happens. You’ll get health, dental, vision, disability, travel insurance and much more all covered by us
- Unforgettable Events: team bonding, BBQs, office lunches (pizza, always pizza), gala dinners, and any other excuse to have fun