As a Senior Accessibility Specialist, you are a technical accessibility expert with a focus on providing exemplary customer service, skillfully guiding clients through successful engagements. You thrive as a member of a team and embrace opportunities to contribute to dynamic and highly collaborative work environments, sharing your expertise with other passionate accessibility experts and support staff.
- Lead and validate accessibility testing activities, ensuring accuracy of guidance and overall report quality.
- Present report findings, coordinate remediation activities, and provide expertise to client resources as required.
- Conduct automated and manual testing of applications, thoroughly capturing deficiencies.
- Liaise with client teams to provide guidance and support.
- Design and delivery comprehensive training to client teams.
- Contribute to internal resources such as knowledge base and accessible pattern libraries and training resources.
- Write VPATs
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a web accessibility testing and consulting capacity.
- Expert knowledge of WCAG 2.x, WAI-ARIA, UAAG and ATAG specifications, and their interdependencies.
- Demonstrable expertise working with frontend technologies: HTML5, CSS and JS, effectively leveraging them within inclusive UIs.
- Accessibility expertise within native mobile environments.
- Extensive experience leveraging automated testing tools and assistive technologies such as text-to-speech, magnification, voice recognition to diagnose accessibility deficiencies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of global regulatory landscape: AODA, ACA, ADA and EN 301 549
- Analyze and annotate wireframes, providing accessibility related guidance during design reviews.
- Strong training and mentorships skills.
- Critical thinker, methodical.
- Excellent work ethic, ability to work independently and effectively prioritize time/tasks.