As a Solutions Architect supporting our client in Digital Solutions Managed GCP Services, you will demonstrate a strong knowledge and competency in Google Cloud (GCP). This position requires exceptional technical aptitude, leadership and customer interface skills.
You will provide pre-sales support, solution design, migration, advisory services and deliver/support GCP managed service solutions for customers with specific work towards monitoring, automation, optimization, compute, and configuration management.
- Ensure the customer-first values are embodied in all client engagements
- Work in a team environment to achieve stated goals and objectives
- Prepare design for, build and support critical and highly complex customer solutions that may span multiple GCP services and regions
- Responsible for designing and execution of GCP Professional Services’ solutions and assisting with quoting
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customer’s needs
- Responsible for creating standard operating procedure and process documents associated with the TIDS Managed GCP service
- Ensure that proposed solutions integrate within the client’s overall IT environment and business strategy
- Retain responsibility for the clients' solution through implementation to operational readiness
- Be available for after-hours where escalation may be required
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required
Technical Skills Requirements:
The GCP Solution Architect should have the following GCP technical skills in order of priority:
1. Have exceptional technical skills, knowledge and understanding of Google Cloud Platform(GCP) native services and related best in class third party tools supporting GCP for reporting, monitoring, security and backup.
2. Experience with managing Windows (2012, 2016, 2019) and Linux (SUSE, CentOS, Red Hat) server instances.
Hands-on experience with GCP in a production or commercial setting.
3. Experience and deep understanding of core GCP services (e.g., Google Compute Engine, Cloud SQL, Backup for Iaas and Paas services, Cloud Monitoring, Cloud DNS, Virtual Private Cloud, Cloud Load Balancing, Storage, etc.)
4. Using GCP connectivity and migration services such as Cloud VPN, Cloud Interconnect, Migrate for Compute Engine, Stratozone , etc.
5. Good understanding and hands-on experience with Cloud Identity and Access Management(IAM), including integration with on-premise Active Directory.
6. Good working knowledge of Terraform and associated services and tools that enable automation and concept of infrastructure as code.
7. Strong troubleshooting skills and familiarity with common Windows and Linux troubleshooting tools (e.g. vmstat, iostat, lsof, strace, etc.)
8. Exposure to GCP based storage services (Cloud Storage, Persistent Disks, Filestore) plus traditional storage technologies (SAN, NAS, iSCSI, FC, RAID)
9. Understanding and exposure to security concepts / best practices specifically relating to cloud services
10. Experience with programming / scripting (i.e. PowerShell, Bash, VB, C#, Ruby, Python, Node.JS, Terraform) is very beneficial
11. Knowledge and application of serverless principles, i.e. Google Cloud Functions or the Serverless framework
12. Database experience (BigQuery, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server)
In addition to technical skills, the qualified GCP Solutions Architect must demonstrate the use of management skills (e.g. communications, time management, understanding sales process). The combination of technology skills and customer-facing competencies result in individuals that are capable of complex solution/business consulting.
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- GCP Associated Cloud Engineer and/or GCP Professional Cloud Architect
- AWS or Azure certification is desired but not required
- 5+ years specifically in cloud solution design, development and consulting services
- Minimum 3+ years of specific experience developing, implementing and supporting GCP solutions (i.e. administration, migrations, assessments, designs, implementations)
- 10+ years of related work experience in the IT industry in systems administration/operations or client-facing technical roles