We are looking for a talented and passionate Data Engineer to help build and measure the performance and popularity of our client's apps. You will be working alongside smart, friendly, and dedicated developers along with a first rate analytics team in one of Toronto’s top development shops.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, distributed systems, algorithms and software design
- Experience building out a scalable infrastructure to fit the needs of a growing company
- Experience in data ingestion and processing
- Experience with testing frameworks such as RSpec, Jest, pytest or equivalent.
- Experience in SQL and other Relational Databases
- Experience with Python
- Excellent communication skills
- Other duties as required
- Been part of a data driven team
- Good knowledge of Math (e.g. data modelling/applied statistics)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with data ingestion APIs (e.g. Facebook, Google)
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience with RedShift, Snowflake or other SQL-based data warehouses
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others.
This person will be building internal analytics tools as requested by our analytics teams to help enable better decision making by internal stakeholders.
In terms of tech -- K8s and Docker take a back step to the big ones of having experience with data modelling, experience with RedShift, Snowflake, Airflow or other SQL-based data warehouses