View all jobs
Senior Machine Learning EngineerToronto, ON
- A team player who can work within an integrated team of product managers, designers, and developers.
- Expert critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a keen eye to apply machine learning solutions to solve interesting customer problems.
- Effectively translate requirements into feasible machine learning solutions.
- Develop, drive, and execute the long-term vision and strategy for content understanding and machine learning platforms.
- Ensure the development of consistent high quality data products.
- Standardize data quality measurements by establishing metrics, building tools and processes.
- Work with external vendors and aid build vs buy decisions.
- Work closely with data privacy and data security teams to help guide the data privacy policies and comply with data protection regulations.
- Research state-of-the-art methods in language modelling and related natural language. processing problems, data extraction, and other machine learning problems.
- Prototype novel methods and productionize promising methods.
- Build machine learning pipeline.
- Live our company values of humble, hungry, and care
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of professional or academic experience in machine learning
- 5+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- You are adept at machine learning algorithms.
- Proven ability to apply, debug, and develop machine learning models for real-world applications (especially NLP)
- Accomplished problem solver, able to think both creatively and methodically.
- Able and eager to learn about the latest technologies and ML best practices.
- Effective communicator who can translate complex technical concepts into simple ideas depending on the audience.
- Hands-on experience on large scale machine learning systems (full ML stack from modelling to deployment at scale.)
- Hands-on experience with big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop/Spark).
- Hands-on experience with medical data.
- Health and Lifestyle benefit spending accounts
- Results-oriented work environment
- Frequent wellness initiatives
- Currently in a work from home environment with offices in Toronto, Waterloo, and Dallas
- A positive, diverse, and growth-oriented team environment