One of our telecom client is looking for an intermediate Project Manager II – Channel Systems (Toronto) for a 12 months contract.
Launch medium to large projects that make a difference to our channels and customers
The Channel Systems PMO leads critical and transformational projects focused on delivering improved business performance and customer experiences. We implement and support world class sales experiences through the integration of technology and process. Leading the execution to our sales Channels, our Project Managers are responsible for building strong relationships to ensure ongoing interlock within the Channels teams, Business Transformation, other business units and enterprise partners.
We are looking for a highly-motivated and results driven individual to join our team as a Project Manager, responsible for leading and supporting mid-scale projects and streams that drive critical business outcomes for Channels .
As a Project Manager II, you will:
- You will utilize your strong background in project management to drive projects to completion, while leveraging your technical and business acumen to manage problems and risks.
- Leveraging your excellent leadership and organizational abilities, you will manage scope, priorities, resources and dependencies for medium to large projects/initiatives.
- You will collaborate with Channel stakeholders and business partners to deliver transformational projects to the Channels we support
- You will use your proven experience in managing cross functional teams to produce results in a timely manner, developing efficient strategies and tactics to ensure that your projects are delivered successfully and achieve business objectives.
• Leverage your strong project leadership acumen; apply critical thought, planning and leadership to shape project and business outcomes, and negotiate and influence others to drive results
• Collaborate with business and BT partners to translate ambiguous requirements into concrete project outcomes
• Use your intermediate knowledge of project management principles and methodologies
• Lead medium sized projects or project streams in support of larger projects, programs and business initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional primes and key stakeholders
• Utilize effective project management, communication, and reporting/escalation processes to deliver on project objectives and ensure benefits and desired outcomes are realized
• Mentor and lead others within the team to deliver project management excellence
• Embrace our playbook approach to project management, which includes collaboratively defining priorities, identifying risks while providing recommendations, planning around dependencies, effectively managing frequent changes and additions to scope, building relationships and networking to get things done.
effectively managing frequent changes and additions to scope, building relationships and networking to get things done
• Known for ability to independently and effectively manage all aspects of a project (initiate, plan, execute, control, close)
• Valued for sharp business acumen with proven problem solving, negotiation, and analytical skills
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to translate complex and technical concepts into easily understood content for stakeholders and team members
• Proven ability to adjust priorities with ease while meeting deadlines and targets in a fast-paced, continually changing environment
• Highly motivated, creative, and self-sufficient with the ability to work successfully in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Respected for ability to create and present content for audiences at various levels and settings, including to senior leaders
• 3-5 years of experience managing large scale or concurrent small to medium scale projects with cross-functional teams
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education and/or experience
Must to have skills:
1. Project Management experience leading mid to large scale initiatives;
2. Experience working on Digital projects (i.e web),
3. Experience leading core project teams
Nice to have skills:
1. PMP certification
2. Telecom experience
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or MBA is an asset
• Agile project management experience is an asset