Our client in Edmonton is in need of a Applications Developer – JAVA J2EE 3 for an initial 5-month contract.
You will be performing Coding, package configuration compliant with the required development standards, prepares component and assembly test plans, including conditions, data and expected results, and performs component and assembly testing on complex systems May be required to act in a Technical Lead capacity. Identifies and recommends system enhancements to improve or expand customer services by anticipating customer problems and recommending solutions Plans, schedules, and coordinates project design and implementation teams. Expected to be able to assist or train others on technical or industry-related issues and provide effective knowledge transfer on all work performed to select employees Evaluates hardware or software product alternatives and makes recommendations.
Highly likely of extension for the right consultant.
Must to have skills:
• Experience developing components using Java/ J2EE (10+ Years)
• Experience with RDBMS, with Oracle Database Preferred (5+ Years)
• Experience with Framework (Spring, Hibernate)
• Web Service development (REST and SOAP)
• Experience with Java Micro-services and Cloud Native (Google Cloud) development.
Nice to have skills:
• Eclipse, Maven, and TFS development tools
• Experience with at least one application server (Weblogic preferred)
• HTML, XML, JUnit, iBatis