You are an experienced, hands-on lead developer, who has led teams in shipping large-scale applications. You are a mentor and guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements of your team and their work.
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
● Maintain applications and ensure they are up to date and secure.
● Guide and implement Squad’s architectural “direction” within portfolio.
● Write code and are familiar with the ins and outs of the application.
● Point of contact for other teams to ensure integration is smooth in the commerce flow
● Align with the team product owner with the roadmap planning for the team including
● execution plan and setting weekly objectives.
● Ability to prepare base for new projects for developers to work on
● Leading the mentorship and upskilling of more junior developers and being responsible for the delegation of mentorship within the team.
● Technical interviews and assessments of candidates applying for roles.
● Advise on technical feasibility, review visual design and work through technical implications with designers.
● Facilitating pair programming and developer day to day support.
● Coordinate and facilitate professional developer meetings across the tribe - coding exercises, jam sessions and playing with new technology
● Support ad hoc technical delivery of the team
● Advocating and reinforce code by adhering to accessibility and performance standards
● One to ones with developers with technical focus around standards of coding & standard methodologies
● Confirmed history of excelling in a team based collaborative environment
● Experience mentoring junior team members, coordinating code quality and evangelizing standard methodologies
● Experience in translating technical concepts and requirements for non-technical partners
● Experienced knowledge of backend development (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
● High experience in client-side testing best practices and tooling (we use Jest)
● Expert level knowledge of React and Redux
● Proven Experience crafting and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
● Proven Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
● Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
● Experience designing and load-testing highly available systems
● Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming)
● Experience with the Docker ecosystem
Must to have skills
1. Extensive experience with ReactJS
2 Experience with UI Development and CSS
3. API integration experience
4. CI/CD and Deployment experience
Nice to have skills:
1. Experience with Technical Road Mapping
2. Experience with onshore and offshore teams
3. Experience as a Tech Lead in a previous position
● Experience with remote and offshore team members
● Experience leading multiple products
● Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
● Familiar with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices
● Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc ...)
● Experience designing, building, and maintaining High Availability systems
● Experience in creating and socializing technology roadmaps