emergiTEL, a Canadian HR Solutions firm reinventing traditional HR and Recruitment across multiple industries, is looking for a well-rounded and highly experienced Human Resources Transformation Business Director to lead and expand our portfolio of services globally.
This is a permanent, full-time position (35 hours/week), which is expected to start on March 15, 2021. Our office is located at 68A Leek Crescent, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4B 1H1. The salary is $44.10/hour plus health insurance benefits. The language of work will be English.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Directing, leading and overseeing emergiTEL’s HR Department;
- Expanding emergiTEL’s HR, Recruitment and Payrolling Services within Canada and abroad;
- Formulating and executing the strategy for finding the right talent globally to meet the client
- Regularly reviewing, evaluating and updating emergiTEL’s HR policies and procedures;
- Planning monthly, quarterly and yearly HR objectives and targets in conjunction with
emergiTEL’s departmental and management teams;
- Developing, managing and maintaining emergiTEL’s Human Resources Information System;
- Analyzing emergiTEL’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) reports and advising management
teams on how to achieve key business objectives;
- Facilitating meetings with management and staff members to communicate procedural updates;
- Liaising with departmental managers to ensure emergiTEL’s HR protocols and procedures are
followed during performance reviews, dismissals, contract non-renewals and redundancy notices;
- Ensuring the compliance of departments with all applicable legislation;
- Developing and implementing emergiTEL’s performance review process by ensuring all reviews
are completed on time and managers are prepared for difficult conversations;
- Leading emergiTEL’s internal recruitment and hiring process, including overseeing and directing
interviewing, hiring, training and evaluating full-cycle recruitment positions and promotions;
- Overseeing emergiTEL’s employee benefits program, including reviewing salaries and bonuses
on a yearly basis;
- Meeting with department heads to identify their HR needs and establish training protocol required
for new and updated departmental policies;
- Training and educating department managers on emergiTEL’s HR policies and procedures,
including organizing and facilitating staff workshops;
- Leading emergiTEL’s HR team with implementing legal and disciplinary changes and updates;
- Writing internal reports to emergiTEL’s senior management regarding salary benchmarks and
pay structure, departmental developments and disciplinary concerns.
You must have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in an area related to Human Resources Management, including
Business Administration, Public Administration, or Industrial Relations;
- The ideal candidate has prior experience working for an HR outsourcing company or as an
independent HR consultant;
- Experience of leading and overseeing the transformation of emergiTEL’s (or a similar-sized HR
company) service portfolio would be an asset;
- Experience collaborating and building relationships with senior management and departmental
- Proven track record as a results-oriented professional with a passion for impacting and driving
key business goals;
- Analytical thinking: Must be able to think globally and think outside the box;
- Critical thinking: Must be able to effectively assess client challenges and offer alternative, legal
- Creativity: Must be able to provide customized support that is specifically designed for that
- Self-Starter: Must be willing and able to manage the client relationship with minimal guidance
but also be willing to seek guidance when necessary
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “HR Transformation Business Director"
Please provide your resume and a minimum of 2 references upon submission of application.
Applicants who do not submit a resume will not be considered.
Inclusion and equal opportunity employment
emergiTEL is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status, or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.