Android Software Verification and Validation Engineer( Test Automation-Python )
Following are the responsibilities of an Infotainment software V&V engineer,
- Take up and perform verification and validation of AoS (Android on Sync) software system
- Design, develop and maintain the test procedures, plans and automated scripts
- Identify the pain areas and support it by providing automation solution in those areas
- Identify the necessary hardware/software infrastructure required to complete the automation of the identified tests cases
- Proficient with the configuration management, test management, defect management, source control and other testing tools utilized to perform end to end automation
- Create HLD (High Level Design) for the identified components to automate.
- Involve in execution, test result analysis and performing RCA (root cause analysis) of the developed automation test scripts
- Align with the scrum team and help the team achieve the sprint goals by completing the assigned tasks
- Interact and co-ordinate with various stake holders that includes development team, product owners, manual team, and various other teams.
- At least 6+ years of experience as a verification and validation engineer.
- Same amount of experience as an automation developer.
- 6+ years of expertise with Python scripting language and its object-oriented approaches
- If the candidate is from the development background, he/she should have Python expertise on more than just
o Python Django
o Python used with Selenium for web testing
- 2+ years of developmental experience of Java/Kotlin.
- 2+ Experience writing automation interfaces using the underlined Android SDK components and UIAutomator/Espresso.
- Hands on experience with Android automation tools such as Appium and Mobly
- Should have hands on experience with at least one
o Defect tracking tool (such as JIRA, RTM, Bugzilla, ClearQuest)
o Version Control tool (SVN, GitHub, Bit Bucket)
o Test Management tool (TestRail, HP ALM, DOORs) (Optional)
- Expertise on Jenkins
- Experience with Automation test frameworks, interfaces, and its usages
- Low level test debugging tools such as GDB, PDB etc.,
- Experience testing Android software system in an automated environment
- Automotive infotainment system testing experience
- Experience with bus communication protocols such as CAN and LIN, with a knowledge of debugging tools such as Canalyzer
- Appium using Python as the scripting language.
- Python Must be in one of his/her recent projects
- Selenium can be from one of the old projects, but not too old.
- Asset if the candidate has maintained an execution environment with a large amount of test benches, running tests.
- Python expertise on production development side