We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team to bring experience, knowledge, mentorship, and overall technical awesomeness. Software engineers are expected to mentor teammates, set good examples, and help steer our technical decisions in right directions. We're solving exciting industry problems such as: route and resource optimization, OCR / ML document management, workflow automation and customization and many more...
Some technologies that we use:
- Backend: Golang, NodeJS
- Frontend: React, Redux, Websockets
- Database & indexes: Postgresql, Redis, Redshift, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, building microservices
Future exciting things that we're looking into:
- Machine Learning, OCR, AI
- ELT / ETL data pipelines
- Serverless architecture
- 6+ years of development experience.
- Experience writing REST APIs
- Experience with SQL
- Proficient in Version Control Systems, preferably Git
- Experience with any project management tool like JIRA / Asana
- Being a positive, awesome person that thrives on seeing their teammates succeed!
- The thirst to always be learning and improving.
- You'll be coding in Golang / NodeJS so it would be great if you already had experience with them but we're not expecting 6 years of Golang ;-)
- Open Source experience
- Previous experience in a hyper growth startup
- Specialization in certain skills such as: database optimization, security, workflow automation / customization, distributed system design, enterprise software design or other
- We are interested in more than just your in-office performance, that’s why we host friends and family events once every 2 months to get to know each other even better.
- We have flexible vacation and summer hours because we know achieving your best work has a lot to do with true work-life balance.
- We have trained barista's in office, a lot of them, and an industrial strength barista machine :)
- Love good eats and fun events? Our open-space brick and beam office is surrounded by cool restaurants and venues including St. Lawrence Market.
- We are a mere 10-minute walk from Union Station. Easy accessibility via TTC, GO, Gardiner Expressway or the Great Lakes Waterfront Trail for the avid cycling types.
- Our company events and field trips cater to meet a wide variety of interests (think: oyster shucking, sports teams, trivia nights, art parties, gaming, needlepoint, trips to Toronto Island, gardening, bocce ball, karaoke, and pretty much anything else you can imagine or would like to suggest).
- Covid-19 hasn't stopped us! While working remote, we've continued to find ways to stay social such as, team cooking nights, game & movie nights, end of day socials, wine clubs, and much, much more.
- We care SO much about our team we have a fantastic Lead dedicated specifically to Communications and Culture
- Extended Healthcare Plan (Medical, Disability, Dental & Vision)
- Training & Development commitment
- Stock Option Plan
- The cherry on top of the cherry: There happens to be real Banksy under our office!