We are looking for a senior level DSP engineer responsible to lead or development efforts on our Baseband and Transceiver DSP environments.
The successful individual will work with a diverse group of engineers and software developers to architect and implement mission critical solutions.
The successful candidate will be involved with a team of customers, business managers and partner feature architects interpreting customer needs.
Candidate will develop flexible radio solutions that work in Narrowband and Broadband for first responders.
In addition to leading mission critical DSP algorithms, the individual will be expected to seamlessly coordinate your activities with the rest of the team contributing to different software domains with little to no oversight. Involvement in maintaining, optimizing and testing existing solutions and applications is also required.
Actively participate and where appropriate, provide effective leadership as a software engineering professional within the scope of future work.
The individual must have demonstrated implementation expertise with Linux on the TI AM57xx processor family and TI-RTOS on the C66x DSP environment.
Responsibilities may include:
- Preparation of high-level and/or low-level system, subsystem and/or software design specifications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Support of Effort Estimates and/or Work Plans and Schedules
- Interfacing to custom hardware devices and controllers
- Participation in testing cycles including collection and analysis of results
- Identify and eliminate bugs, and devise solutions to encountered issues or problems
- Maintain code quality, organization, and documentation of the code and solutions in JIRA, GIT and other tools
- Participation in Field and/or Customer support activities as required
- Occasional Travel will be required
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working directly in the development of radio products (system, hardware design, integration, or test)
- Demonstrated background in the system design and/or hardware design of radios or major radio components such as power amplifiers, filters, transceivers, antennas
- Background in communications theory and digital signal processing is a must
- Experience with embedded systems design, low-level hardware interactions required
- Knowledge of TIA and/or 3GPP specifications, especially in radio performance characteristics
- Knowledge of low-level threading primitives and real-time environments.
- Working experience with two-way radio (LMR, SMRs, FRS, EDACS, HAM) would be an asset
- Working knowledge of FDMA and TDMA
- Working knowledge of C4FM, CQPSK, H-DQPSK, H-CPM modulations
- Knowledge of writing native modules for high-level languages such as C, C++, C#, Java, Node.js, Python, Objective-C is an asset
- Familiarity with tools such as Valgrind, Lint, Sonarqube and Black Duck is an asset
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial is an asset
- Experience with P25 Phase 1 and 2 an asset
- Must have excellent English language communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required for this role. Ph.D. is preferred.
- Eligibility for licensing by PEO is an asset