We are looking for an IT Project Manager with Reliability clearance for a long time contract in Ottawa.
Accountable for the planning & successful delivery of large projects with moderate risk, complexity and cross-functional business impact or multiple medium sized projects.Responsible for identifying and securing project resources and managing project schedules and budget to ensure that the project is delivered on time, on budget and within agreed to scope, meeting or exceeding customer expectations.Defines project scope and deliverables, consistently adhering to predefined quality measurements to meet business needs and direction.Applies strong project management techniques and skills combined with a large complex business environment in the implementation of the solution.Accountable to the project stakeholders and/or other project managers applying strong leadership skills to remove obstacles and resolve conflicts.
• Customer facing Project Management of WAN services for Government of Canada sites nationally.
• Serving as the single point of contact for the customer and acting as the customer advocate with for all project related risks and issues for the duration of the project.
• Using proven management and control guidelines to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and according to quality standards.
• Development of the work breakdown structure and a detailed project schedule with well-defined milestones.
• Track, monitor and report on the health of the project.
• Prepare weekly internal and customer project status reports.
• Establish the quality assurance procedures necessary to complete the project.
• Ensuring that our plan meets the customer’s milestone and delivery requirements.
• Escalation and conflict resolution.
Must to have skills:
1. PMP designation
2. Customer facing Project Management experience
3. PM experience supporting the delivery and migration of IT and telecom services.
Nice to have skills:
1. MS Project