Our Clients app empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly-personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. The Company’s sports betting app delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting experience and is currently available to place wagers in New Jersey, Colorado, and Indiana. The company creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
We rapidly iterate by using an Agile approach to software development along with continuous integration, manual and automated QA. We use code and design reviews to maintain a high level of quality in the app. Our codebase includes mostly Swift with some Objective-C. We adopt new releases of iOS immediately and are always looking to push the boundaries of the platform.
We value continuous personal improvement and encourage team members to attend conferences, host meetups and give talks. We open-source our code when possible and maintain an engineering blog in order to give back to the community.
Typical Work Day:
- Work with the product team to design, architect, and ship our amazing applications.
- Implement polished user interfaces with the help of our design team.
- Improve our code through refactoring and applying modern design patterns.
- Work with other engineers through technical collaboration, discussion, and code review.
- Solve difficult problems related to large data sets and responsive UIs.
- Help our QA team to automate testing and continuous integration.
- Keep up to date with the latest advances in iOS development.
- Other duties as required
What We Offer:
- Experience working with Cocoa, Swift (Objective-C is a plus).
- A demonstrated ability in delivering clean, organized, testable, and highly performant code.
- Experience developing pixel-perfect user interfaces.
- Experience with unit testing.
- Experience integrating APIs and back-end services with mobile applications.
- Experience working with Git.
- Experience working with Cocoapods.
- Experience working with large native code bases with significant complexity.
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented design, software development principles, and design patterns.
- Solid knowledge of concurrency best practices and pitfalls.
- Highly proficient with profiling/debugging tools.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or equivalent experience.
- A passion for sports and/or gaming is considered an asset.
- Experience with Cocoa, Swift (objective-c is a plus).
- Someone who comes from a large-scale B2C environment
- Preferably someone with a lot of unit-testing experience.
- Someone who codes in UI and doesn't mind pair-programming from time to time.
- Interview Process: 15-30-minute chat with an internal recruiter and a final 2-hour interview (Technical Q&A and pair-programming coding session)
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit.
- A/V club, Friday presentations, book library, and more.
- Snacks and drinks provided.
- Awesome patio with BBQ.
- Top of the line office hardware.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others.
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 20, arcade, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)