We are looking for an RF Engineer for a one year contract for our client based in BC.
Must have skills:
- Analyze existing coverage with industry standard tools to identify the needed coverage enhancements (design changes or new cell sites).
- Select, calibrate (with field data) and validate the propagation models with industry standard tools.
- Deliver RF design by selecting the best feasible site candidate/location, antenna attributes (location, height, model, azimuth, tilt), technology compatibility strategy and multi technology antenna strategies.
- Calculate link budget and system noise figure.
- Justify the design with calibrated propagation studies and with technology specific network simulations using industry standard tools.
- Deliver the RF data fill design including handover parameters/strategies and cell attributes.
- Understand the specific technologies worked on (5G, IoT, LTE) and the impact on the design.
- Perform the initial optimization after coverage enhancements (design changes or new cell sites) by adjusting if needed the tilt, azimuth, data fill parameters
1. RF Design experience
2. Project Management
3. Verbal and oral communications
Nice to have skills:
1. Automation (Python), splunk, tableau
This is an important role in the West to support 5G deployment and RF design for Fixed Wireless in rural territories
Team size and environment:
15 RF Engineers spread across the country