Business Process Consultant – Data Management
The purpose of this role is to identify and deliver process improvement solutions across complex, technical and cross-functional processes.
The Business Process Consultant is focused on delivering operational improvement
in a large‐scale transformation to identify how processes need to change to deliver business goals more efficiently. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, redesigning and optimizing activities within the organization through improvement and streamlining of existing business processes, and identification and development of new and efficient business processes.
The Business Process Consultant is also responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports based on their findings, complete with recommended improvements to – or new requirements for – business processes and operational procedures. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of system investments and to assist in implementing new business process systems and will be the driver of creating and improving processes and as a key bridge between business and process focused technology.
The Business Process Consultant will work with very large data sets from disparate sources, and will apply their experience from similar projects working with large amounts of data to streamline the process of data collection and flow of data between systems.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of process analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
- Assess and decide which methodology to apply and the tools and techniques to utilize to effectively lead each process improvement project.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals; research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes; conducts proactive and consistent research to identify process improvement opportunities including areas of focus, scoping of the project, prioritization, key deliverables, and successful outcomes; deliver measurable business process improvements through these engagements.
- Chart existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models.
- Re-engineer key processes in partnership with business users and capabilities and maps to future-state vision.
- Prototype new procedures for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow; create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system designers and development professionals. Liaise with various business groups in the organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved business processes.
- Monitor business analysis processes/methodology to achieve team goals or objectives; determine and monitor process inefficiencies with resources and/or workflows and lead the process change to improve efficiency of workflows.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in operating systems across the organization.
- Contribute to establishing practices, standards and governance for effective business process management across the organization.
- Work with Business Architects to ensure performance, maintainability, and scalability, and with Enterprise Architects to identify IT capability, limitations, and support changes.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes, and post-implementation support.
- Champion Lean principles and KPIs driven Continuous Improvement activities with the business to drive business process improvements. Works with the business leaders and project team members to assess current capabilities and identify & document high-level requirements.
· College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or management information systems and 10 years of related work experience.
· 10 years of experience in:
o Business Process Methodology and Governance
o Business Process Design, Modelling and Frameworks
o Business Process Mapping and Documentation
o Business Process Automation
· Experience working with large data sets and high-volume data processing, as well as streamlining data flow between systems is critical.
· Experience in designing high performing business processes that are cross-functional and support enterprise-wide capabilities.
· Experience in change management, including facilitating workshops, interviews, communication, etc.
· Effective listening and communication skills across executive, mid-level management, and business area teams.
· Lean Six Sigma Black or Green Belt trained or certified preferred.