1. Provides technical support to network teams for highly complex and critical service troubles. Lead the team in developing proactive measures, processes and practices to support the services delivered on the network.
2. Provides technical analysis and recommendations to engineering, enterprise network and/or vendors to ensure smooth delivery & implementation of enhancements and/or fixes to our platform applications and associated services.
3. Lead in resolution of MPLS network, IP Backbone network and Multicast network problems.
4. May manage the Vendor trouble cases on behalf of client and hold regular Operational meetings with Vendors.
5. Develop Business Cases for capital or OPEX budgets.
6. Adherence to change management processes.
7. Develop and maintain documentation and information, e.g. network diagrams, typologies, contact information, etc.
The successful candidate will join the NaaS DevOps team to develop and support next generation of IP Managed Services. As a Design Specialist you must have the ability to complete technology selection, service and equipment testing, including the development of the required standards leading to the introduction of new or improved Business & Consumer market solutions in a Converged and Programmable environment. This includes development in Managed Layer 2/3 VPN and Internet Business Services, LTE, and other consumer services.
- Support the end-to-end systems engineering, requirements and user story development to deliver operational automation capabilities for NaaS services and infrastructure
- Develop solutions and operational practices for SDN based Infrastructure and Services including Fault Management, Change Managed, Software Regression, Failover, Disaster Recovery, High-Availability, Geo-Redundancy, VNF Capacity Management, Proactive Fault isolation
- Establish PKI metrics, SLAs and operational processes to achieve the needed service reliability and availability
- Improve reliability through establishing Best Common Practices and the Monitoring of key performance metrics
- Provide assessment of operational and development workload impact due to User Stories and Reliability requirements
- As a subject matter experts (SMEs) work in an “agile” environment to drive the right design and implementation of operational capabilities and tools required to manage the evolution of NaaS SDN solutions
- Plan and define performance requirements for Network Services as well as Value added services (VNF applications) such as LAN, Wifi, Security, VoIP
- Development of IP and API Programmable network services based on SDN Controller and
- Evaluation and selection of new technology to meet defined requirements
- Support feasibility studies and cost assessment of new service and architecture and/or solution operational readiness
- Staying abreast of industry trends in architecture and technologies
- Providing regular project updates
- Present learning's and results to peer groups, architects and director stakeholders
- Test and evaluate leading edge IP network architectures for the delivery of broadband services
- Expert level knowledge of networking (BGP, OSPF, VRRP, QoS, ACL, MPLS, TCP/IP, and Spanning-tree)
- 5-years of Design, Implementation and Tier 1-3 Assurance experience in Service Provider Managed L3VPN and L2VPN MPLS Managed Business Services
- Advanced knowledge in troubleshooting L2 and L3 routing and switching issues
- Working knowledge of Linux (Red Hat Enterprise/CentOS)
- Working knowledge of operational support systems/tools (SNMP, tcpdump, iptables, iperf)
- Working knowledge of Cryptography and AAA security Solutions such IPSec, PKI Architecture
- Practical experience on IP/MPLS L3VPN, Routing, OSPF, BGP, IPv4, IPv4Multicast and IPv6 protocols and services is required.
- Deep understanding of QoS solution, testing and design practices
- Good knowledge of Cloud/Virtualization/Hypervisor Platforms (ESXi and KVM)
- Knowledge of SDN technologies (Openflow, Open vSwitch, NETCONF, XMPP) and SDN Controllers such as ONOS, OpenDaylight
- Knowledge in Rest API, XML, Jason, Perl, Java or Python, Shell or TCL script
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS/XR, Juniper JunOS, Alcatel TiMOS
- Familiarity with access technologies such as LTE, HSPA, ADSL2+/VDSL/GPON
- Experience of Cloud Orchestration solutions for x86 compute/network/storage systems such OpenStack, and VMWare are desired
- Working knowledge of Data Center automation and cloud technologies and vNF management is a plus
- Experience on Bare-Metal switches and servers as well as OEM Certification are a plus
- Other preferred experiences include F5 load balancer, Palo Alto firewall, Riverbed
- Experience of SQL database, Hadoop, Puppet, Heat, Chef are desired
- Experience of Ixia or Spirent tester is desired