Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
You are an experienced, hands-on developer who has shipped medium to large-scale applications. You will be a forward thinker who can balance day-to-day pragmatism with an eye for future growth of our platform.
You will be responsible for crafting, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for our customers.
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
● Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices.
● Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind.
● Have the dedication to learn and research new technologies.
● Ability to document the workflow whenever it's needed.
● The knowledge on how to work together with others and build solutions.
● Doing code reviews and improvements with other developers.
● Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary.
● Document APIs and Components for other Developers.
● Incorporate Accessibility as part of development process.
● Knowledge about database management and architecture.
● Understand what technologies other teams are using.
● Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions.
● Identify problem areas in code & solutions.
● Assist with and rapidly test solutions for the team.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
● Shown experience in backend and API development (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, GraphQL and Redis).
● Proficient in React and Redux.
● Strong experience with writing unit tests (we use Jest on the frontend and Mocha on the backend).
● Experience designing and documenting APIs.
● Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming).
● Ability to mentor other junior developers.
● Knowledge and experience with TypeScript; we’re hoping to switch to it one day on front-end applications and backend services
● Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
● Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
● Familiarity with the Docker ecosystem
We want to work with people who:
● Share our passion for all things digital
● Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
● Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
● Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
● View collaboration as essential to your work
● Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
● Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
● An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
● Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
● A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
● A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
● Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
● A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.
Must to have skills:
2 Core competency in Node.js / Express.js / Apollo (GraphQL knowledge preferred or OpenAPI knowledge)
3. Core competency in React / Redux (2 Years Minimum Project work)
Nice to have skills:
1. Openshift / Jenkins / AWS experience
2. Typescript experience
3. PostgreSQL experience
4. Kibana, NewRelic experience
5. Kubernetes experience