As a Solutions Architect supporting Managed Azure Services you will demonstrate a strong knowledge and competency in Microsoft Azure.
This position requires exceptional technical aptitude, leadership and customer interface skills.
You will provide pre-sales support, solution design, advisory services and deliver/support Azure managed service solutions for customers with specific work towards monitoring, automation, optimization, compute, and configuration management.
You will be required to be participate in the after hours on-call rotation periodically with other team members.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Ensure the customer-first values are embodied in all client engagements
- Work in a team environment to achieve stated goals and objectives
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customer’s needs
- Responsible for creating standard operating procedure and process documents associated with the Managed Azure service
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple Azure services
- Ensure that proposed solutions integrate within the client’s overall IT environment and business strategy
- Retain responsibility for the clients' solution through implementation to operational readiness
- Participate in on-call support rotation and be available after-hours where escalation may be required
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required
The Azure Solution Architect should have the following Azure technical skills in order of priority:
- Have exceptional technical skills, knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Azure native services and related best in class third party tools supporting Azure for reporting, monitoring, security and backup.
- Hands-on experience with Azure in a production or commercial setting.
- Experience and deep understanding of core Azure services (e.g., Virtual Machines, SQL, Active Directory, Backup, Monitor, DNS, Virtual Network, Storage, etc.)
- Experience with migrating and managing Windows and Linux server instances.
- Strong working knowledge of Azure Functions and Azure associated services and tools that enable automation and concept of infrastructure as code.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and familiarity with common Linux troubleshooting tools (e.g. vmstat, iostat, lsof, strace, etc.)
- Using Azure connectivity and migration services such as VPN Gateways, Express Route, Azure Migrate, Azure Database Migration Service, etc.
- Exposure to Azure based storage services (Azure Blob, Managed Disk, File Storage) plus traditional storage technologies (SAN, NAS, iSCSI, FC, RAID)
- Strong understanding and exposure to security concepts / best practices specifically relating to cloud services
- Experience with programming / scripting (i.e. PowerShell, Bash, VB, C#, Ruby, Python, Node.JS)
- Configuring, extending and integrating on premise Active Directory with Azure Active Directory
- Knowledge and application of serverless principles, i.e. Azure Functions or the Serverless framework
- Database experience (Cosmos, PostGres, MySQL, SQL Server)
In addition to technical skills, a qualified Azure Solutions Architect must demonstrate the use of management skills (e.g. communications, time management, understanding sales process).
The combination of technology skills and customer-facing competencies result in individuals that are capable of complex solution/business consulting.
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Azure Administrator Associate and/or Azure Solution Architect Expert
- AWS or Google certification is desired but not required
- 10+ years of related work experience in the IT industry in systems administration/operations, solution development, consulting or client- facing technical roles
- Minimum 3+ years of specific experience developing, implementing and supporting Azure Cloud solutions (i.e. migrations, assessments, designs, implementations)
- Previous industry experience in solution development, pre-sales, consulting or customer- facing technical roles