Our telecom client is looking for a Network Specialist with Cisco voice experience for a 12 months contract. The position is remote and open to QC, ON and AB.
Reporting to the Service Assurance Manager, the Network Specialist I provides implementation and escalation support to incident management and prevention in a 7x24 environment.
1. Ownership and accountability for VOICE incidents, including escalations
2. Provide timely status updates including accurate and meaningful information. Timely updates include: problem definition; troubleshooting events taken; next steps towards resolution; escalation process engagement and next communication update expected.
3. May engage vendors or partners to affect timely incident resolution and change execution.
4. Execute and implement project deliverables.
5. Consult with stakeholders to review major outages and trends to affect continuous improvements in upholding best practices of service assurance.
6. Adhere to change management processes.
7. Develop and maintain documentation (network diagrams, troubleshooting, incident resolution best practices)
Working knowledge in CISCO VOICE and LAN/WAN environments Understanding best practices in Cisco Voice maintenance and assurance. -
Required Skills & Abilities:
1. Billingual is a requirement
2. Technical troubleshooting and analytical skills.
3. Understand cost/benefit analysis in problem management resolution.
4. Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills.
5. Ability to collaborate with stakeholder teams to effectively support change in the work place.
6. Demonstrated good judgement in making and owning technical decisions.
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
University degree or technical college diploma in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent - Cisco Certifications: CCNA, CCNP or equivalent experience
1 - 3 years experience in service assurance
1 - 3 years of experience in telecommunications, Bilingualism – asset, Security clearance
Project details: Candidate needs to work on assurance and fulfilment requests from these customers.