The Business Analyst – TMS
The ideal candiadte will be a valuable member in supporting the Applications Manager, this "hands on" role will define, design and implement system solutions for our Transportation operations and clients. The role will interface with our business areas, its managers and system users to train and provide on-going support for IT services.. Thus, the successful candidate for this position will have subject matter expertise in Transportation business, process and system solutions (i.e. TMS). This role will also involve documenting business processes and reporting solutions, as well as assisting and coordinating aspects of on-going cross-functional projects as required. The Business Analyst – TMS will work closely with an extended cross functional team of SAP and Manhattan SCALE Business Analysts, Developers, Architects and Integration Analysts. Please note that this position will require participation in on-call and after-hours support based on a predefined schedule. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
· Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
· You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
· The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
· You are open to learn and implement new tools and technology
· You are flexible to changes and ready take on new challenges with a mindset of pointing to solutions, not just to problems.
· You will focus on the delivery and support of IT services
· Plan, solicit business requirements, design, develop, test, implement, train, as well as coordinate the start up and support activities of new functionalities.
· Develop of business requirement documents, test scripts/test scenarios, business processes and procedures, work instructions, and other detailed user related and support documentation to support standard configuration.
· Identify and drive opportunities for business process improvements and redesign either in existing systems or by adopting new functionalities available in other systems, while demonstrating project and program management leadership.
· Provide production support during business hours and after-hours (after business hours including weekends as part of on-call rotation among other Transportation BAs)
· Focus on the overall business goals and objectives and ensure alignment with IT strategy.
· You will ensure that services and service management processes are reviewed, designed, and developed based on business requirements or strategic objectives, including service level agreement adherence and conformance to standards and regulations.
· Manage and support the "production" environment to ensure continuation of service.
· You will proactively adapt internal processes to changes in our customer base and customer requirements.
· Take action to continually improve the team's operational performance as it relates to both incident and change management.
· Collaborate proactively with Business Development, IT, and other team members to complete required tasks.
· Quickly come up to speed and maintain a current understanding of the changing nature and needs of the business.
· Ensure adherence to change management processes and provide quality assurance to all deliverables.
· Liaises with the vendor to ensure on-time, on budget, high quality delivery of enhancement requests by the vendor resources.
· Implement upgrades; coordinate company activity to ensure that system upgrades are properly planned for and tested.
· Participate with other areas of IT in the yearly audit process
What you bring to the role:
· 3-5 years’ experience in designing and implementing TMW TRUCKMATE or other TMS solutions in diverse environments.
· Strong knowledge / experience of transportation management processes, warehousing and overall supply chain management.
· You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management and/or Supply Chain Management, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Administration or a related discipline.
· Demonstrated ability to translate detailed functional specifications into clearly documented technical specifications
· Good understanding of test strategies, test planning, and test methodologies.
· Demonstrated accuracy with reports and projects, analytical aptitude and a strong attention to detail.
· You are able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and competing priorities in a high-pressure environment.
· You operate with integrity to do what is right for the team and the business as a whole.
· When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
· You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
· Integration experience with third-party systems using HTML, EDI, Webservices, etc.
· Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio) is a must.
Who you are:
· You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
· The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
· Providing exceptional service is your passion.
· You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
· You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
· You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
· You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in an organization to exchange information, ideas, and answer inquiries.
· You work well with diverse groups of people with a clear vision of client and business needs.
· You have the ability to participate on multi-disciplinary work teams to achieve successful execution of complex implementation projects.
· You communicate effectively with internal support team and external customers and partners as required.
· You have strong teamwork, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
· You are detail-oriented, creative, self-motivated, and innovative.