Our digital clinet is looking for Senior Visual & Interaction Designer
for a 12 months contract in Toronto to create awesome experiences for its customers.
The team includes a passionate group of strategists, designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
The squad consists of dedicated team members (with a Product Owner, Developers, and QAs). Collectively, we own the customer-facing login and registration experiences while considering E2E experiences across both web (desktop and mobile) and mobile app.
In this role, you will:
- Work with your squad to discover business requirements, create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual designs
- Build experiences that are innovative, intuitive, accessible and secure while using data to validate and iterate your designs
- Mentor junior team members and develop the design thinking and practices within our design community of practice.
- Be a guiding voice for designers, providing feedback on designs being created while adhering to the design principles
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Work with PO on determining business requirements
- Work with developers on wireframing and prototyping
- Understand and communicate the ways people with disabilities are meant to experience the design throughout the design process
- Assist in creating user flows, user story mapping and journey mapping
- Build user testing scenarios and write usability testing scripts
- Crafting, reviewing and looking at the holistic E2E experience
- Prioritize high-level content working with the content strategy lead
- Conduct qualitative interviews with customers when appropriate
- UX research
Must have skills:
- The capability to act as practice lead for the team
- Proficient in the use of design tools such as Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Familiar with working with design systems
- Effectively articulates design alternatives to ensure customer and business needs are met
- The ability to contribute to the development and improvement of the design system guidelines
- Effectively and efficiently leads project team through design discussions
- Anticipates well and formulates comprehensive responses to difficult questions
- Effectively leads discussions to senior partners and executives
- Clearly articulates the “why” on complex design solutions and choices
- Clearly articulates design and user experience alternatives
- Collaborate with designers working on other products to share and gather similar design patterns to create a cohesive customer experience
Nice to have skills:
- Experience developing UX and interaction flows for visual designs
- Experience building prototypes and high-fidelity visual mockups from UX flows
- Experience using design tools such as Sketch and InVision
- Understanding of creating accessible designs (WCAG, AODA)
- Familiarity with design systems and how they work
- Familiarity with unmoderated testing
- Able to broaden immediate team perspective through sharing faster, broader, deeper insights into issues and potential ramifications
- Ability to use multiple sources of information to identify if a problem is a design problem or related to larger enterprise / business issues