Intermediate Visual Designer
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Visual Designer for Brand Experience, you will play a key role in crafting digital experiences for client's digital team. As an advocate for customer-centric design, you will be a champion for visual design quality across initiatives through the consistent application of our digital standards and guidelines on both small and large scale projects.
As an advocate for customer-centric design, our digital standards and guidelines, you would be a champion for visual design quality across initiatives, small and large scope. You will be responsible for crafting visual concepts in response to new valuable services and marketing campaigns.
Day to day you’ll work closely with a cross-functional team, Brand Experience, to support the digital experience of large-scale ad campaigns to promote client brand differentiators. This could look like designing new landing pages for campaigns or optimizing existing pages from user research.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Facilitate the end to end design process, from wireframes to hi fidelity mockups
- Work with content strategists and copy writers to ensure a cohesive narrative
- Build landing/marketing pages off wireframes
- Taking UX and interaction considerations for visual designs
- Work with developers and content managers to ensure integrity of hi-fi mockups that match implementation
- Listen in to user testing and reviewing user testing reports
- Make all content and state changes visibly distinct for people with disabilities
- Comfortable working within a design system, able to interpret and apply the brand and digital guidelines
- Works independently within defined scope of responsibility, asks for support when necessary
- Plays an active role on project teams, shows initiative and acts on feedback accordingly
- Demonstrates basic understanding of the visual design principles
- Recognizes when to raise complex problems to senior team members
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret and apply the brand and digital guidelines
- Work is visually coherent within the established visual language of digital properties
- Demonstrates an ability to identify areas of potential solutions to design problems
- Demonstrates effective application of visual design fundamentals and best practices in a digital context
Assists with usability tests
Utilize available data and research tool
This will be primarily a Visual Design role working with the Brand Experience team – it will involve a lot of smaller projects with the occasional large project that comes through from the stakeholders, sometimes on a quick turnaround timeline. This person will be working with a lot of current client branded images, so there will be a lot of stock image resizing and placement for their design work. Someone from a Design Agency or Digital background doing similar work would be ideal, we would be ok to look at someone with 2-3 years of experience and has a portfolio of their work included with their resume