View all jobs
Director of TechnologyToronto, ON
What You Will Do
- Cultivate an understanding of our products, along with their respective strengths and weaknesses, and provide solutions to existing and future challenges.
- Assist in application design and engineering to drive stability, performance, and quality through your knowledge of industry trends and tools, together with your own experience.
- Drive process and methodology improvements to help development teams tear down obstacles and keep initiatives on target and moving forward.
- Drive advances in system monitoring and be a touchpoint for management of Critical Issues.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Lead a team - provide guidance - able to coach, mentor and grow technology and development team
- Identify architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company aligning to our move to cloud.
What You Will Need
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized institution combined
- A minimum 10 years of experience within an IT or technology department developing software
- At least 3 years of experience with product design and development on cloud technologies and platforms
- Good communication skills, clearly able to articulate verbally and in writing; able to present and champion your ideas while being receptive to other’s
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in working in Agile methodologies with focus on DevOps and CI/CD practices
- Practice with current micro-service design and development, with an eye to refactoring legacy code
- You must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or Openshift
- Google GCP and/or Microsoft Azure
- Java full stack development
- Performance Management tools (i.e. Dynatrace, AppDynamics)
- Worked with Public/Private/Hybrid cloud architecture (PaaS) using AKS preferably with Azure or GCP
- Building core or foundational enterprise-level services for large decentralized applications in a team environment.