The successful candidate must deliver the following in order to successfully complete the engagement:
1. Test Strategy and Plan Development:
a. Participation in the development of any applicable project test plans.
b. Participating in the creation and maintenance of QA procedures;
2. Test Case Development:
a. Development of a series of test cases for applicable projects, both manual and automated.
b, Participating in the creation of project test plans and other assigned quality assurance related documents;
c. Reviewing and analyzing system specifications and project documentation for the purpose of designing, building and maintaining test cases, both manual and automated;
d. Providing direction and expertise in the identification and setup of automated vs. manual testing;
e. Adhering to quality assurance procedures and standards as laid out by the QA Manager;
f. Build and maintain repository of manually executed and/or automated test cases based on project requirements and change requests;
g. Create and maintain performance testing initiatives and adhering to best practices;
3. Status Reporting:
§ As requested, provision of written status and progress reports. Update testing status and defects in defect repository daily.
§ Reporting and tracking defects to resolution;
§ Communicate regularly with Project/Team Representatives and participate in Quality review sessions;
4. Test Case Automation & Execution:
§ Creating, updating and executing automated test cases if deemed required.
§ Executing test cases and providing testing results in preparation for projects releases and upgrades;
§ Review project/release requirements and perform Gap Analysis;
§ Work with various IT resources during the design, development, and implementation of IT Projects/Releases;
§ Assist business users in User Acceptance Testing;
5. Attend required meetings and workshops: Actively participate in solution design, product demonstrations and reviews, project status and team meetings.
§ Attending team status meetings and working group meetings as required;
§ Working closely with the Quality Assurance Team and Business leads to deliver assigned deliverables and meet project deadlines;
1. A University degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related discipline or certification in Information Technology from a recognized community college. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
2. 4 years of testing experience in writing and executing test cases, including multiple types of testing (e.g. functional, non-functional, performance, connectivity, regression, automation).
3. 4 years of demonstrable experience in interpreting requirements documents, use cases, and storyboards as a means of developing test cases.
4. Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English.
5. Experience with developing and executing Quality Assurance Strategies and Test Plans for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Products/Solutions.
6. Experience (writing and executing ) with testing software and test automation tools (HP Quality Center – ALM and UFT (Unified Functional Test)). Describe the scope of the testing completed for the referenced project.
7. Experience with supporting the User Acceptance Testing process including working with the Business Owners and execution of Test Plans, Test Cases/Scripts, Defect Reporting and Resolution tracking etc. Describe the coordination and support activities that proponent provided.
8. Demonstrated experience with performance and load testing tools Eg. LOADUI or JMeter
9. Experience with Sellenium is an asset. Describe the scope of the automated testing completed on the referenced project(s).
10. Completion of a Quality Assurance certificate program or a Quality Assurance certification is an asset; EX: ISTQB