Our digital client in Toronto is in need of a Snr NodeJS/React Developer for an initial 12 month contract.
This is a Frontend heavy role, but still needs experience on the Backend (Specifically doing Backend for Frontend work and API integration)
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
As a Senior Developer for the Unified Products & Commerce team, you will mentor junior team members and help build new features to enhance the overall chat experience for our customers. You will be responsible to roll out chat experience to new business unites and pages, work on code refactoring, and lead your team in shipping large-scale applications. You are a guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements of your team and their work.
You will be working as a part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
- Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices.
- Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind.
- Have the dedication to learn and research new technologies.
- Ability to document the workflow whenever it's needed.
- The knowledge on how to work together with others and build solutions.
- Doing code reviews and improvements with other developers.
- Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary.
- Document APIs and Components for other Developers.
- Incorporate Accessibility as part of development process.
- Knowledge about database management and architecture.
- Understand what technologies other teams are using.
- Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions.
- Identify problem areas in code & solutions.
- Assist with and rapidly test solutions for the team.
Must to have skills:
- Demonstrable history of excelling in a team based collaborative environment.
- Strong team leadership skills (helping lead the team's work)
- Experience mentoring junior team members, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
- You also have strong interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
1. 3+ Years NodeJS
2 3+ Years ReactJS
3 Previous experience with Automation using Jest/React/Cypress
Nice to have skills:
1. Development/Deployment in Mono Repo
2. Design/Manage Databases/Query Frameworks using Redis
3. Familiar with Jira and Confluence