Out Telco client in Vancouver is looking to recruit a OpenShift Site Reliability Engineer
for a one year contract.
- Engineer will be responsible for the reliability, creation and maintenance of a fully automated DevOps development and production environment including automated code migration, and testing processes and tools for effective iterative software development.
- The work is focused on reliability and continuous improvement of products stability while maintaining and supporting new feature delivery and team velocity.
- This position will work in partnership with a senior OpenShift Developer, with the idea being this role will focus on process including agile development and operational stability while the developer role will be focused on the coding aspects.
- The goal is to take a leadership role in building and stabilizing a permanent, Agile Product Team focused on ongoing evolution of a product suite. Success would look like ending the contract with a team that is set up with the appropriate processes and technical skills to sustain the product over time.
- This team is based in Victoria British Columbia but the position is open to anyone in Canada. Occasional travel to Victoria may be required once the Pandemic is no longer a factor, but is 100% remote until then.
• Provide technical consultation and be a key contributor to the establishment of the fully automated development and production environment for effective iterative software development
• Monitors application health and key performance metrics, adjusts and make recommendations to enable product improvement
• Develops and implements custom test automation frameworks to ensure continuous improvement and integration.
• Sets up and maintains test environments for both manual and automated testing.
• Translates business and technical requirements into test cases, scenarios and scripts, for automation
• Documents all applications according to standards and ensures application steady state
• enables continuous integration and continuous deployment
• Establishes requirements, methods and procedures for routine maintenance.
• Integrates solutions with external applications to ensure seamless compatibility.
• Creates technical design specifications and assists in scaling technical requirements.
• Evaluates existing applications and platforms and provides recommendations for improving performance, conducting analysis to identify alternative solutions as required.
• Reviews application modules for quality assurance and compliance with standards and policies.
• Evaluates new application packages and tools and performs research on best practices.
• Develops user guides and training documentation for applications and systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Expert Knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering and its application to infrastructure and operations (OpenShift experience
• Strong knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture design, configuration and implementation, inclusive of API First strategy and API management.
• Strong technical understanding of web-based, software-as-a-service and SOA application design, development, delivery and sustainment is crucial
• Strong technical understanding of software development and support with containerization: Redhat OpenShift, Kubernetes, etc
• Strong knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
• Knowledge of test-driven design, behavioural driven design, leveraging automated testing tools and practices.
• Knowledge of enterprise architecture, including hybrid cloud.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to applications and infrastructure
• Demonstrates analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of version control technologies such as subversion and Git and development in an open source environment.
• Experience with API development and integration and continuous development environments.
• Experience using Jenkins and similar continuous integration technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to work under tight timeframes and meet project deadlines
• Ability to perform at a high level with limited supervision or guidance
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Visio
• Leading technical review, solutioning and configuration workshops with customers
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years of software development, deployment and sustainment experience.
• 5+ years of project experience using agile software development methodologies.
• 5+ years of experience working with CI/CD (Continuous integration and continuous Delivery) approach.