One of our client is looking for Desk Side Technician in Quebec City for a 6 month contract.
An ideal candidate will
Technical skills required
- Provide an effective interface between users and service providers\Service Desk, including external commercial suppliers\OEMs where applicable. This interface includes documenting problems, progress checking, and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
- Assist users in making more effective use of desk-top systems, products and services. Makes initial diagnosis of any problems and advises known solutions where applicable.
- Install or removes hardware and/or software, using supplied installation instructions and tools; follows agreed standards. Agrees the timing of the work with those affected, eg users, operations management.
- Conducts tests of the hardware and/or software affected using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools. Corrects malfunctions, calling on help from more experienced colleagues if required. Documents results in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Report details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated.
- Provide specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues.
- Proficient in Operating Infrastructure\Hardware (Knowledge of the ICT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc) used within own organisation.)
- Proficient with desktop Operating Systems
- Familiar with common desktop Applications
- The application of automated systems to the support of specific business functions or processes.
- Familiar with Networking and Communications Knowledge and experience
- Familiar with Corporate, Industry and Professional Standards
At least two of the following:
What we look for in a candidate
- PC\Laptop OEM Maintenance Certification
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) certification in desktop area
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification
- Conceptual Thinking - Acquiring understanding of the underlying issues in complex problems or situations by correctly relating these to simpler or better understood concepts, models or previous experiences.
- Information Acquisition - Identifying gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising means of remedying such gaps.
- Flexibility - Taking account of new information or changed circumstances and modifying understanding of a problem or situation accordingly.
- Interacting with People - Establishing relationships and maintaining contacts with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.