IBM Sterling OMS Architect
Ability to travel
Our client is looking for a seasoned Technical Architect, who understands the importance of forming strong relationships with the C-Suite and key stakeholders to push projects forward, and use his/her deep knowledge of Sterling OMS to guide their decisions.
The Architect will be responsible for ensuring IBM OMS plays nicely with other systems, such as eCommerce platforms, databases, ERPs, payment gateways, and Warehouse Management Systems (to name a few), to ensure stable, accurate data flow between applications.
Specifically the Technical Architect will be responsible for:
Your Technical Skills
- Architectural solution design
- Architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps to ensure optimal application performance
- Working with the Business and IT to understand current and future goals, recommend the technology stacks needed to meet those goals and collaborate on migration plans
- Acting as a team lead and manage components of the project
- Working closely with customers to help influence and guide their decisions.
What we expect
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5 years of experience as a Technical Architect for IBM Sterling Order Management System, Manhattan Order Management, or related supply chain applications.
- UNIX and Windows operating systems
- UNIX Shell, XML, SQL
- Java programming
- Relational database experience (Oracle, DB2 or SQL)
- J2EE architecture
What to expect
- Develop strong, influential, C-Suite relationships. Build their trust.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with customers and colleagues. Always be responsive.
- Provide status updates regularly, and raise issues early. Nobody likes to be blindsided.
- Ask questions, don’t assume. It saves a lot of misunderstanding and time.
- Submit timesheets and expenses on time. Don’t be the employee that delays billing.
- Be a mentor to others. Share your knowledge and strengthen our team.
- Work with other teams, like Sales, Product Development and Customer Support, to increase the quality of our services and products. We’re always looking to improve.
- Some of your time will be spent on-site at customers. The ability to travel is essential.
- Our customers and employees are located around the world, so you may need to work with resources across multiple time zones.