Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
- Participate in Cisco Router IPRAN network provisioning/commissioning activities that include Node-B Commissioning, IP conversions, Microwave IP Hot Cut, IP address changes, and transmission cutovers/traffic migrations, Gige Ring closure, New Cisco device ATP, Cisco node insertions , IOS software updates and transmission testing.
- Complete Cisco IOS Software upgrades on Cisco ASR9K, ME3400, ASR1K, 7600 series Routers.
- Optimize Coordination of IPRAN provisioning activities utilizing the scheduling tools.
- Analyze the network configuration to identify network optimization opportunities, plan the network redesigns.
- Conduct Scenario analysis and Return on Investment analysis to evaluate the business case, secure project funding.
- Support other Voice Network Planning teams to quantify the project cost and service cost.
- Apply the disciplined, methodical and professional planning process consistently.
- Stay on top of the latest telecom technology and the market dynamics, quick learning and self-learning are the keys.
- Undergraduate qualification, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication, or Computer Engineering.
- Cisco Certification CCNA at a minimum required, CCNP preferable
- Previous Cisco router provisioning experience required.
- Big-picture thinking across technology and business, ability to perform both technical solution design and business case analysis.
- Minimum 2 years position in Telecom industry, preferably in an IPRAN Access network role.
- Strong knowledge on telephony network, cable network, voice network hierarchy (5 classes), Voice over IP, traffic engineering and other supporting networks, i.e. Transport, Data/IP, •Signaling, Operations Support Systems, i.e. billing, provisioning, etc.
- Knowledge on various telecommunication standards and protocols, SS7, SIP, DOCSIS, MPLS, SONET, etc.
- Must be willing to work evening shifts, and nights. •Hands-on experience on large scale report creation in user-friendly format, massive data analysis; strong knowledge of software tools, especially on MS-Excel, Access and Visio.
- Familiarity with UNIX and database is an asset but not a must.
- Proven ability to deliver results with tight timelines.
- Quick learning and effective researching skills are a must.
- Demonstrated strong modeling and analytical skills; a high level of attention to detail and result required.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, ability to drive and to close the discussion with multi-functional groups
CISCO (1), CCNA (3)
CCIE (1), CCNP (1)
Looking to hire TWO IP Transport contractors for 5G program Cisco router provisioning. Team works on logical provisioning, iOS upgrades, router replacements configurations (not actually hands on work at site). Candidates must be able to work flexible schedule. Work is rotating shift based, primarily overnight shifts (70%). Sunday-Thursday schedule. Looking for candidates with Cisco certifications (CCNA, CCIE), experience in Telco, previous experience with an asset (Remedy ticketing), French speaking an asset. Communication skills very important as frequent calls are had with users across the country.