Systems Analyst – Level II
The provision of application services supports government’s operational requirements for government departments and publicly funded bodies. This consists of approximately 500 business applications most of which are critical to the services provided by government.
The Systems Analyst, under the direction of Team Lead and in conjunction with another client resource, will work with multiple support teams within the client to coordinate and assist with decommissioning (removal) of applications, databases, etc from the government network using the existing documented decommissioning process.
Working under the direction of the Manager and/or Team Lead, the responsibilities of the resource will include, but not be limited to the following.
• Works closely with Manager and/or Team Lead to further define scope of requested engagement.
• Review decommissioning documentation to understand existing process and procedures.
• Review current status of decommissioning including assets waiting to be decommissioned along with those assets already started.
• Identify roadblocks, etc and proactively work with teams to help move the decommissioning of the asset forward.
• Document the decommissioning of each asset as per existing process.
• Assist with overall decommissioning documentation as required.
• Report regularly on the status of this assignment to Manager and/or Team Lead.
Education and Experience:
Post-secondary education (2+ year program) in business, computer science, or a related field from a recognized institution
7+ years of relevant experience in this role
Describe your experience in overseeing and coordinating initiatives such as decommissioning
Describe any experience completing decommissioning activities
Describe your work experience in coordinating initiatives involving multiple teams
Documentation & Analysis:
Experience in writing documentation such as summary reports, status reports, etc
Work experience in analyzing and resolving issues that could have resulted in potential bottlenecks, so that work can continue on schedule.
Experience in preparing statistic updates showing baseline numbers and progress.