DevOps Web Administrator
This role requires involvement in all stages of web application support, from defining the infrastructure platform design to the implementation/deployment of applications and ongoing incident management. We are looking for a person who is autonomous, diligent, responsible and dynamic, and wants to be part of an experienced team. We are looking for someone that is both ambitious and passionate about technology, as this role is critical to the success of our leading ecommerce site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for setting up, configuring, supporting and managing the infrastructure components of the web platform (Hybris, Tomcat) environments to ensure system performance and reliability;
- Lead efforts to establish and maintain a robust infrastructure for the development, testing, and production of hypervisor tool suite that protects mission-critical systems from cyber and reverse engineering threats. Configure/tune Windows OS, Hyper-V and Linux for scalability, performance, and automation as required;
- Collaborate with the developers and quality assurance staff, including coordination and support of all release / deployment processes and activities across all environments;
- Coordinate all web platform infrastructure changes following standardized change control processes;
- Work collaboratively with security teams and various stakeholders to identify and patch cyber security vulnerabilities. Apply all maintenance fixes, firmware updates and OS patches as required;
- Develop, implement and deploy new and existing instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery (automated and manual). Identify performance related issues and work with various team members to resolve;
- Script/automate core processes to improve efficiency as well as platform availability;
- Manage incidents and required fixes;
- Perform on-call support of production application;
Perform other duties as assigned.
Skill we’re looking for
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Web Administrator lead in a web application development environment, or similar experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving capabilities, organizational and project management skills.
- Excellence in communication, written and verbal, to upper management and front line team alike
- Exposure to Linux container technologies and tools like Docker, Podman would be an added advantage
Nice to Have
- Windows server Management with any virtualization technology such as Hyper-V, VMware, KVM etc.
- Patching experience and providing fixes for various infrastructure issues
- Linux Server configuration and management
- Networking, load balancing, and firewall technologies
- Writing windows batch, power shell and Linux shell scripts
- Managing JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket applications
- Deploying Java based web applications
- HP infrastructure components and storage volumes
- Active Directory user management