Sr. Business Analyst
The Business Analyst – Level 2 will be required to work with the project team in delivering the new CLIENT project through the Execute, Implement and Close phases of the project. The Business Analyst – Level 2 will be responsible to lead the development of various business processes required to support and manage the SACS solution gathering for the project as well as other tasks and/or deliverables assigned, as outlined under the OCIO’s Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
Working under the direction of the Project Manager and/or Program Manager, the responsibilities of the Business Analyst will include, but not be limited to the following.
• Lead the analysis and design of Department and District business processes related to the support and management of the PowerSchool SIS solution. Focus of the business processes include Tier 1 support processes (e.g. incident management, account management) as well as business-related processes.
• Plan, facilitate, conduct, and document business processes validation workshops, meetings and interviews;
• Develop business process documentation, and obtain Departmental approval of the process documentation.
• Provide assistance and a degree of leadership to the business in the development and implementation of business process change activities;
• Complete any other client-related project tasks that will help ensure project success; and
• Assist with other project-related deliverables or tasks as required by the Project/Program Manager.
Qualifications Years of experience Description of how applicant meets each requirement
Knowledge/ Education (20%)
Post-secondary education (2+ year program) in business, computer science, or a related field from a recognized institution. 2+ yrs
7+ years of project experience where candidate filled the role of a Business Analyst (preferably with a recognized professional certification). Provide Project names, length of time and % of time as Business Analyst on project(s). 7+ yrs
Business Analysis Skills (40%)
Provide examples of experience in the development and documentation of business processes (within 3 years).
Provide examples of experience in leading workshops for the purpose of developing and documenting business processes with client resources (within 3 years).
Provide examples of experience in using and/or implementing support best practices in the areas of incident management, change management, account management, as well as incident tracking tools and software.
Communication Skills (15%)
Describe how you possess strong written and verbal communication skills by providing recent examples where these skills were employed.