View all jobs
Audit Manager - (111700)Brampton, ON
- Perform or assist in Network audit engagements and other special projects as assigned by Management.
- Provide input into the identification of audit objectives; planning and execution of engagements assigned.
- Develop a deep understanding of business/IT/Network processes and departments under review to identify and document key risks and associated controls from an IT, financial and operational standpoint.
- Perform detailed walkthroughs to confirm design of controls identified.
- Develop and/or update audit programs to guide effective and efficient execution of audit fieldwork. Execute the audit programs to test the operating effectiveness of controls.
- Assist in analyzing financial, operational and/or technical data as part of audit planning and fieldwork.
- As part of annual SOX testing, conduct testing of operations/IT controls assigned.
- Prepare engagement related deliverables (e.g. work papers, memos, reports) that meets departmental standards and timelines.
- Support all findings through properly organized work papers; succinctly document recommendations to remediate control deficiencies, and/or to improve systems/processes under review.
- Participate in engagement progress update and/or closing meetings with senior management.
- Undergraduate degree and possession of a professional accounting or audit designation such as CPA, CA, CMA, CGA, CIA or CISA.
- At least 3 years of prior internal and/or external audit experience in technology and operations engagements. IT auditing.
- Knowledge of concepts related to information systems audit, information security, general IT controls and technology risks.
- Knowledge of data centric concepts such as TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6, VoIP, Ethernet, VPN, Wireless and as well as working knowledge of Windows 2Kx, Oracle (or other relational database) and UNIX;
- Familiarity with controls/governance frameworks (e.g. COSO, ISO 27000 series, CobiT).
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, assertive, able to work independently yet be a team player.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work flow and work under pressure.
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Good skills in Microsoft Office products, and data extraction and manipulation tools such as ACL or general purpose SQL tools