Our client is currently seeking a Cybersecurity Principal to join their team. Reporting to the Director of Cyber Strategy, this position is based in Toronto, ON and is responsible for our client’s cybersecurity, day-to-day execution and posture.
The successful candidate will be a senior security subject matter expert within the Enterprise Security & Risk organization.
A typical day
- Manage and support cybersecurity operations and security architecture
- Design, implement and operate core Enterprise Security Architecture and Services
- Monitor enterprise environments for gaps in security controls and design and implement remediation tasks
- Maintain and enhance security monitoring tools to improve security monitoring
- Work with Enterprise Security and Operational teams to improve Security practices and standards
- Support and provide visibility to the custody, care and control of all aspects of our customer and enterprise-wide data from threats both externally and internally.
- Support the security operational safeguards for the intellectual property and protection of all technology assets.
- Participate in Information security risk assessments, incident response and investigation, and provide remediation recommendations where required.
- Work with the broader Enterprise Security teams to ensure monitoring of existing systems, and ensure compliance with security policies, activities, and standards.
- Support the adherence to security governance processes of the organization’s long-term security strategy and risk management.
- Participate in the development of security strategies to mitigate risks arising from new projects and changes to existing practices.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related risk management and cyber security experience, with at least 3 years of information security experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience.
- Certifications in one or more of the following: CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) or CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- Experience in large scale, enterprise-wide security intrusion monitoring, detection, and incident remediation activities.
- Expert knowledge of cybersecurity trends, technologies, and their applicability to the telecommunications industry.
- Experience in enterprise risk management for partner-lead and cloud-based solutions.
- Experience in adapting a large organization from predominantly internal technology solutions to more partner-lead and cloud-based solutions.
- Experience providing risk management solutions to an organization that offers anytime, anywhere, any platform access to its people.
- Ability to be successful in a dynamic, disruptive and transformational organization.
- Strong understanding of the principles and techniques of security risk analysis.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Canadian government security clearance would be beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check