Environment: Java, spring boot, microservices, MS Azure or Google Cloud Platform, CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Git) and artifact repositories (Nexus, Artifactory, etc.)
Technical Practice Lead
We’re looking for eager, fast-learning senior Technical Practice Lead that will work in an Agile team environment where you will be tasked with the development, design and code analysis of our client’s blue-chip next-generation pharmacy management system. The right individual is a natural communicator, engaging peers in technical discussion and presenting recommendations and technology-based insights, and would enjoy the challenge of applying their expertise in transforming one of our client’s enterprise platforms using the very best tools, technologies, and platforms available in the market.
Canada’s largest retail pharmacy company is looking for software engineers to join their team to help lead the digital transformation of their pharmacy management system. Bring your fast-thinking, high-communication approach to their team, and you’ll be accelerated and upskilled through in-depth training on cloud platforms, with a focus on doing things right: clean code, integrated commits, accountability for code reviews, defining API design patterns, and implementing cloud native software.
The successful candidates will be assessing the current platform in light of the best practices for modern software design and architecture, and in turn will assist in significant redesign, moving the needle towards successful transformation. This role consists of developing using Java, platform monitoring, as well as some architecting. This role will also play a key part in ramping our software delivery velocity by leveraging the latest microservices development patterns and delivery mechanisms.
- Participating in project planning and solution proposals to Sr. leadership across Product and Delivery teams
- Architecting, designing, and developing new features and re-engineering of existing core parts
- Translating designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code.
- Working with data structures, algorithms, and system design.
- Implementing high-quality unit tests with a quality-first mindset
- Performing peer code review to meet program quality targets
- Identifying and diagnosing deficiencies related to systems, coding, and infrastructure, and recommending solutions for mitigation.
- Drafting system documentation for a wide variety of purposes.
- Using version control with GIT (both local and using cloud-based platforms like Bitbucket).
- Working with Package Managers like Yarn and NPM, Maven.
- A great breadth of technology
- Capable of providing Trunking strategy/branching strategy
- Expert knowledge/skills in java but can coach people for higher effectiveness
- Capable of helping to reshape/direct changes to Future architecture
- Meeting with vendors
- Helping to better define how Shoppers/HealthWatch can go “faster, cheaper, better”
- Can naturally operate with transparency and has the confidence to be a leader and not a follower