This position conducts daily inspection, reports and oversight of the contractor’s work in accordance with design drawings, specifications and criteria and national, state and local codes, regulations and authorities, and customer specifications.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent. Some technical or college preferred.
- Minimum of 3-years field utility/telecom inspection experience. Fiber deployment
- Able to lead inspectors to ensure construction activities are in conformance with project drawings and specifications.
- Able to interpret and explain applicable regulations, statutes, plans specifications and administrative functions.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors.
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Able to stand for long hours and traverse rough terrain.
- Knowledge and ownership of smart phone to communicate with office and send documentation as needed.
- Coordinates contractor and ROW activities for his/her area of responsibility .
- Keeps daily inspection records (and record on the Daily Log) which include a description of the construction activity, time of day, daily weather, crew members and equipment make and model, names of visitors, and irregularities and corrective action regarding compliance with the drawings, specifications and permit.
- Measures work completed according to drawings and specifications and report same on the Quantity Records. Also notes these locations on the drawings.
- Work with the Contractor in coordinating operations as directed by the Field Manager/Chief Inspector or Project Manager.
- Keeps a Red-Line set of drawings recording any changes in running line alignment. Also records depths of conduit every 50 to 100’and notes utility crossings and depths.
- Submits accurate time sheets and expense reports to the Resident Project Supervisor. Mileage to be documented on logs and via weekly photos of vehicle odometer reading.
- Cable locating and protection.
- Report to Company’s Resident Engineering any irregularities and work to facilitate solutions to problems.
- Photograph site progress and submit reports to office.
- Able to work in market for long term project (1+ year)
- Owns reliable vehicle.
- Owns smart phone and/or personal computer/tablet.