The Network Specialist II will be responsible for designing and activating network services and VOIP services for our client’s Enterprise Network. Our client provides connectivity and services for their Call Centres, Data Centres, their Canadian offices and their International Call Centres.
- Solutions and detailed technical designs and implementations primarily using Cisco and Riverbed technologies.
- Fulfillment of our clients’ network ICR's, Frontdoor requests, and large projects within specified timelines and to specified budgets.
- Tier II Network trouble analysis supporting the Enterprise Assurance team.
- Proactive network performance analysis and repair required to eliminate the root cause of network failures.
- The position requires some off-hours work
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge in internetworking design, implementation and troubleshooting of Cisco LAN/WAN environments (access & high-end routers, LAN switches and Cisco IOS / IOS XR / technologies).
- TCP/IP expertise (addressing, DHCP, NAT, dynamic routing protocols).
- Knowledge of access and transport technologies.
- Familiarity with our client’s data management tools.
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communications skills. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio and other documentation systems.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and adapt to changing priority schedules.
- Proven ability to work cohesively in a team environment; positive attitude and team spirit.
- Demonstrated integrity in dealing with information and issues of a confidential or sensitive nature.
- Ability to deal with conflicting issues, roadblocks, dependencies and change demonstrating superior negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-directed, self-motivated, self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent strategic and problem solving skills with exceptional troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills. Must be able to adapt quickly, and handle a steep learning curve.
- Strong desire to continuously update technical expertise to keep abreast of new services and technologies.
- A strong desire to “make a difference” in how our client’ internal network performs.
- Experience with building and commissioning networking equipment and the operational practices in supporting networking equipment.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
Must have skills:
- Cisco Certification, ideally CCNP or greater
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science would be an asset
1. 5 years internetworking experience with Cisco routers and Switches
2. Strong self-starter and an ability to thrive independently
3. Excellent communication skills
Nice to have skills:
1. Knowledge of network monitoring and alarming tools
2. Working knowledge of Riverbed technologies
3. A passion for accurate record keeping