Senior AutoCAD Technician
- Proficiency with AutoCAD required
- Excellent opportunity for a civil engineering technology graduate, or graduate of AutoCAD and/or drafting technology programs
- Mentoring and leadership career opportunity within the telecommunications industry
- Exciting projects related to 5G wireless technology
- Opportunity for professional growth available
You’re an experienced AutoCAD drafting technician in search of an exciting, hands-on job in the dynamic telecommunications industry.
You’re innovative, creative, and driven to make a big impact with your drafting knowledge, skills, and experience.
If this sounds like you, then we want to meet you.
Who are we?
We’re an engineering firm that designs, builds, and maintains the telecommunications infrastructure that supports major networks. With the incoming expansion of 5G wireless technology, carriers will require 5-10x the number of towers, compared to previous generations of wireless technology,
That’s where we come in. We know how to help carriers and private companies succeed in this arena, and we need your help to do just that. Senior AutoCAD Technician
In this role, your main goal is to work as part of our structural detailing team to develop installation drawings for our telecom projects. You’ll mentor new and less experienced AutoCAD Technicians on the team and offer coaching and support to help train and foster ongoing continuous improvement and learning.
You’ll work closely with the detailers, as well as other key stakeholders (engineers, consultants, contractors, etc.) to gather the details you need to produce, maintain, and update accurate AutoCAD drawings and schematics.
Practically speaking you will:
- Produce AutoCAD drawings that meet client expectations and project deadlines
- Maintain and update AutoCAD schematics as required
- Work collaboratively with internal (detailer team, engineers) and external (clients, consultants, contractors) stakeholders to understand project requirements and complete drafting packages
- Conduct occasional site visits to gather information
- Provide mentoring, feedback and support to new and less experienced AutoCAD technicians
Our team is poised to double in size over the next two years, which means that there are tons of opportunities here for professional growth. As you gain experience, and as our company grows, you’ll enjoy the opportunity to train junior detailers and serve as a team leader.
In addition to your AutoCAD expertise, you’ll be successful here because you’re a team player who enjoys working collaboratively to produce high-quality work. You have strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with a positive, can-do attitude.
If you’re ready to be at the forefront of the latest wireless technology, and want to join a team who share your passion, look no further.
For the last 14 years, we’ve built our reputation by providing a personal level of service to our clients, treating them like partners rather than customers. What’s important to them, is important to us.
We care about our team in this same way. We’re a friendly group, who work very closely together, and strive for a low-stress environment.
Working in a small company like ours means you’ll get exposure to many different aspects of our business. You’ll learn quickly here and gain diverse experience. We’re committed to supporting your professional development and will cover the cost of relevant training and courses.
This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday to Friday, 8 am – 5 pm (with some overtime required occasionally to meet project deadlines). Occasional travel may be required to visit project sites.
You’ll earn a competitive starting salary, benefits, and have an annual performance-based bonus plan. You’ll have 2 weeks’ vacation, plus the week off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with AutoCAD
- Experience preparing drawings and schematics in AutoCAD related to civil engineering and/or structural detailing
- Graduate of a civil engineering technology program and/or drafting technology program (or related)
- Experience in the telecom/telecommunications infrastructure industry (preferred) and/or power industry is a plus but not required
- Valid driver’s license for travel to job sites and/or for client visits
- Canadian resident or work permit
- Must reside in Waterloo, ON, surrounding area or be willing to relocate